What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

As a person in his teens watching death of Evangelion I nearly had a nervous breakdown, it really messed me up for reasons I’m still quiet not sure of.

The good part about the rebuild of Evangelion is that it gets better continuity and an actual ending for Shinji. And it changes up the original quiet significantly.

I’ve actually already watched jujutsu Kaisen, I really enjoyed it. Will take a look at Vinnland Saga… I’m thinking about seeing One Piece, but I’m not sure I want to invest that amount of time into a show

1 Like

I don’t know if you heard about Crunchyroll recently being acquired by Sony, which already owned Funimation.

Crunchyroll officially announced the migration of Funimation titles to Crunchyroll here:

I’ve thought about subscribing to Funimation to watch certain titles, but this saves me the trouble. Also I heard the Funimation app was not that great.

1 Like

Feria
La Luz Más Oscura

On Netflix

Bonus : the Music/Soundtrack is perfect

Yeah seems like a thing for Crunchyroll subscribers. alot of people are complaining about the APP though. i mean its pretty buggy, but i find it decent to use

The Crunchyroll app on my Roku Stick is ok for me.

The HIDIVE app on Roku does not remember what episode I watched, which is getting annoying with Legend of Galactic Heroes because I’m now on episode 29 or 30 and have to scroll down a fair amount to reset the app to the correct episode.

1 Like

Thank you @Fin25 for the tip-off.

4 Likes

Twin Peaks and The Prisoner (the 60’s series)

1 Like

:+1: … the overacting by Patrick McGoohan is part of the charm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, absolutely!!!

1 Like

I’ve been binging movies mostly with the exception being finally finishing the last of the Narcos series which was excellent.

I love old school horror movies and B movies so I recently picked up subscriptions to Troma Now (which has the entire Troma catalog and a bunch of other excellent terrible movies)
and a subscription to Night flight plus which is not only full of classic unedited airings of Night flight but also lots of other excellent stuff like music docs, B movies, grind house classics and other vintage oddities.

With those two subscriptions I’ve got no shortage of cheese to enduldge in.

3 Likes

wow the Supreme Court justice drama is so riveting, I had no idea that Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson was so resilient…
The sheer force of power that the government is willing to bring down upon female candidates with no chemical perm in their hair is fully palpable through the screen of this lunch break viewer. I think these proceedings to this point tell any foreigner, alien, or otherwise unknown entity all that it needs to know about Merica as it stands today… a crass, I mean crash course of sorts on justice in merica, highly recommended.

2 Likes

omg I know Stamp disappointed today, Rodtang got knocked too
so it was a double whammy for them

News (even though I shouldn’t), The Gilded Age (HBOMax), and rewatching Raised By Wolves and The Wire (both HBOMax, The Wire never gets old).

3 Likes

I’ve not seen it. I mean to. But you reminded me of this: Finding Out Idris Elba is British - Roy Wood Jr.: Imperfect Messenger - YouTube

2 Likes

Right now: Jean Claude Van Johnson

Power watched my first Turkish series. The protector. Not high end stuff, but watchable enough to watch all 4 seasons

So I power watched Rankin of Kings.
And it’s probably one of the best animes I’ve seen in a really long while.

It really felt like the good seasons of GOT. Every character has depth and it felt like no character had plot armor.

It really made me realize what sad state modern Anime is in… most of it just sexualizing women, pseudo pedo grooming and rehashed plot devices…

It makes me wonder if I should just give up on Anime…

I just finished GOT a few days ago. :wink:

Ranking of Kings is one of the finest anime viewing choices. Even the English dub acting is great.

Current anime watchlist:

Ya Boy Kongming - The legendary military strategist of ancient China dies, and is abruptly reincarnated in modern Shibuya district, becoming the manager for an aspiring singer. Fun to watch him using his tactical skills to secure gigs for the singer, trick people into leaving other stages for hers at music festivals, etc.

Hyouka - The high school “classic lit club” is actually a club of kids who love to solve mysteries. Lots of psychedelic/artsy animation sequences. Not the most exciting description but it’s got memorable characters and good storytelling.

Spy X Family - A variation on the “deadly spy forced to adopt a kid” idea but the first episode looks really promising.

1 Like