What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

Ooh I’m so sorry for you, GOTs ending was atrocious, still upsets me till this day. The show runners rushed the ending because they had gotten Marvel projects, but the last season was such a shit show that they got canned from their marvel projects… Karma I guess

Early seasons is probably the best fantasy series ever created…

And Ranking of Kings was right up there with GOT imo

My friends warned me the show goes downhill after Season 6. Yeah, they were right, with 8 being far worse than 7. Now I know why George R.R. Martin promised to write a different ending in his books, even though he was apparently executive producer on the show.

At least I can finally discuss the show with my parents next time I see them. They were always excited to share their thoughts on the show with me, but be disappointed every time said I didn’t watch it yet.

1 Like

I still rewatch episodes of D4DJ from time to time. The publisher Bushiroad put up the whole show for free on YT, in Japanese with close captioning (you pick the language) and dubbed in English.

1 Like

Jean Claude Van Johnson - A Prime

I found out at the weekend that I have been walking my dog through part of Patrick Stewarts garden. I have seen an older man in a hat (rocking the vineyard vibes) and have said hello to him, without ever knowing…

4 Likes

I guess if he’d been driving this you would have noticed :wink:

1 Like

Just finished the first season of Slow Horses on Apple TV.
Finally Gary Oldman looks like his namesake old man.
It’s the best thing on Apple TV (or any streaming service) since Ted Lasso.

2 Likes

When I first heard of Spy X Family, I thought it might be the anime version of Keeping Up with the Jones, Allied, or Mr. and Mrs. Smith - the trope of two spies/assassins who pretend to be a couple and fall in love or whatever, while hilarious hijinks happen.

But then I started to see the hype from fellow anime fans. I think it might actually live up to the hype. Each of the 3 involved in this fake family have their own secret. The interactions are cute and funny, and there’s some good action scenes too.

1 Like

King of the Hill on Hulu.

My son.

Have no big screen anyway.

1 Like

Whaaat :happy: that’s so cool
tenor

2 Likes

Navalny

1 Like

I’m stuck in watching Locke & Key at the moment. Pretty watchable. Definately got wanting to stay up too long for “just one more”

Spy X Family keeps getting better.

The catalyst for the show is the spy’s mission to spy on an important politician, whose elementary school age son happens to be enrolled at Eden College, an exclusive private school. So the spy has to quickly pick a child from the orphanage to pose as his daughter. Then when Eden College informs him that both parents must be interviewed as part of the admissions process, he has to recruit someone to pose as his wife and the child’s mother. Hence, the fake family.

Also still watching Legend of Galactic Heroes, although the future history and political situations depicted hit too close to home at times, so i don’t watch it every day.

What’d you think of that last episode? Lol

nice, its been on my list… just finished Hunter X Hunter and thought it was really good… allthough i thought the Chimera Ant arc was a bit to stretched out, but the ending of it was really good…

watching season two of the Shield Hero and i must say im kinda let down after ive been watching a quality show like Hunter X Hunter…

1 Like

When I got started watching anime, I watched a lot of action shows because that was all that was available.

Isekai anime features somebody from modern Japan who is abruptly transported to another world - usually some sort of fantasy setting. There are such a huge selection of isekai works, that Kadokawa, a major publisher, banned isekai stories from their 2017 anime/manga novel contest.

Shield Hero is the 2nd most controversial isekai. What really stopped me from watching it was the depiction of slavery. The main character is a terrible person from what I hear. It does have fans who defend it. In any case, the list of titles I’d watch before Shield Hero is long. Very, very very long.

What’s the most controversial isekai? Jobless Reincarnation. That show’s fans insist the main character is not really a pedophile, etc. Needless to say, hard pass for me on that one.

Isekai I actually like? My Next Life as a Villainess, So I’m a Spider, So What?, The Executioner’s Way of Life. Life with an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout looks promising but not sure if they’re going in a homophobic direction or not. Obviously these are nowhere as popular as the 2 controversial shows.

Really enjoyed Spy x Family. I’m sure some were disappointed that it turned out to be more of a comedy than a pure action show, but this has all the look of an Anime Of The Year award candidate - the retro stylings, great lines, etc.

Legend of Galactic Heroes - now on episode 100 of this epic-length space opera/tragedy/polico-military drama. I liked Gundam for the space opera aspects, but this show is superior to any of the Gundam ones, imo.

Ya Boy Kongming - fun, lighter watch after the heaviness of LOGH. In a nutshell, legendary tactician dies during the Three Kingdoms period of ancient China, is immediately resurrected in a younger body in Shibuya Tokyo, and applies his tactical expertise to help a 20-something aspiring singer become a star.

Yumeiro Patisserie - middle school student meets world class patissier by chance, and ends up in a school for aspiring patissiers. Started watching because I enjoyed Yakitate! Ja-Pan. Just as cute, silly, and fun as the other show.

Barry, obi wan, the boys and Bosch have been my go tos.