What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

Season 3 of The Boys is pretty good crazy stuff

1 Like

My blurry eyes misread this title and got really excited we were having a thread about power washing. The sides of the house could use a spray

4 Likes

This guy’s anime tastes are mostly similar to mine - at least for Spring 2022, which is the strongest anime season I’ve seen in a while.

Out of that list, I’ve watched: Heroines Run the Show, Spy x Family, Ya Boy Kongming, Dance Dance Danseur. Currently watching: Birdie Wing, Aharen-san. Next on my queue: Shikimori, Love after World Domination, Deimon, Executioner and Her Way of Life. Hardly any summer 2022 anime, because it’s a rather weak looking batch.

I’ve been rewatching Avatar and the Legend of Korra. In many respects I think the latter is better

The Umbrella Academy Season 3.

1 Like

Just started Mandalorian. Wow, great stuff. Why did I wait!

3 Likes

fwiw, I waited because I didn’t feel like subscribing to Disney+.

I only watched it because my cousin, who does have a subscription, moved to my area, and started inviting me to visit to watch.

Really nice easter egg moment in the last episode, if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Recent stuff

The Old Man
We Own This City
Mayans season 4
Peaky Blinders season 6
Better Call Saul season 6
Stranger Things
Terminal List
The Wilds (similar to one of my favorites from last year, Yellowjackets)
Tokyo Vice

2 Likes

Louis Ck tv serie “Louie”
One of the best things I’ve seen at all
I can boldly state it changed me somehow

2 Likes

I can rewatch the Wire a near infinite number of times, and it’s still good.

6 Likes

I have not watched proper manga since late 90s
I will check this site out…
ty for linking the yt channel

1 Like

Wouldn‘t recommend the other two shows though.

Mandalorian S1 and S2 is very nice overall, but while Boba Fett and Obi Wan have their good moments occasionally, they quite lack in writing.

Edit: I guess you could watch that one episode in Boba Fett where it‘s all just about Mando, it‘s also the best from that show.

Yeah I have been binging on Bosch. Some actors from the wire on there.

I am just back into “West World”. Takes some time to get some sense out of it but it’s totally worth it.

Also rewatched “Wu Tang - a family saga” Season 2 - pure genius…

The Boys,
Funny, dark and gruesome

1 Like

The Old Man is excellent.
The quality of the acting, writing, visuals and sound is top notch.
First episode far superior to the next 4, but then episode 6 is well up there again.
I’m hoping it cuts loose again with the action this week for the final episode.

Yep, two shows in a row I’ve seen Marlo as a cop, along with We Own This City. It’s a bit of a mind f**k.

1 Like

Recently watched “The Bear” on Hulu, starring Jeremy Allen White (Shameless).

1 Like

Watching Infinity Train.

Never heard of it until somebody posted news about HBO Max removing it within a week. By all reports, one of the very best animated shows on HBO Max.

1 Like