What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

Tried to watch some more episodes during my lunch break annnnddd…

…it’s gone… kaput… :cry:

Watched an episode of Close Enough, another animated show slated for deletion from HBO Max. Nice Logan’s Run reference.

1 Like

Reservation Dogs is brilliant. I’m waiting for all the episodes of season 2 to drop before diving in but season 1 was so enjoyable.

1 Like

So is this the default series thread??

Has anyone watched The Rings of Power? How is it? I’d only be up for one big-budget series and between it and the GoT I’m more inclined to LotR…

I found this review. I guess I will have to subscribe to Amazon Prime.

VPNs are your friends.

1 Like

I only watched the first episode, but found it to be a little too cheesy for my taste

1 Like

Lots of reviews are available so each consumer can make an informed decision…

Oh and just quick shout from me as I haven’t seen it mentioned: Wolf Hall is perfection; Rylance is one of the greats.

2 Likes

A lot of people are pissed off they put black people in middle earth. That’s America for us, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I was super bored the 1st episode of the LOTR series…so done with that one.

Cobra Kai new season Friday!

I didn’t hear that in the dozens of reviews that I’ve watched and read. Can you send me a link?

Finished Legend of Galactic Heroes (original version). What an epic journey! The best anime space opera made, to date.

1 Like

:nauseated_face:

I know you’re being helpful but I have a strong urge to flag this post :wink:

2 Likes

We shouldn’t ignore the truth because it makes us uncomfortable.

It’s a problem with Star Wars and GoT fans as well.

4 Likes

Im only joking. Just reading the headlines is enough to warrant an “inappropriate” flag.

It’s a problem in any fandom. But it’s becoming less and less “news”, which is cool.

2 Likes

All of these articles are claims that fans not liking changes to the lore is racist.

This is a sophomoric attempt to paint people who disagree with alterations of the source material as racist.

This would be like remaking the mini series Roots, casting Asians as the slaves, then calling people who point out that it is not historically correct as racist because they disagree with straying from reality.

Among the dozens of reviews I’ve seen, the black actress that plays the hobbit-like character in the new series is regarded as one of the strongest performers.

I’m not sure what your intentions are, but if you are to accuse people of being openly racist about a casting choice, I would prefer something more than opinion. These articles you’ve linked prove nothing other than sensational click bait journalism is alive and well.

Enjoy the show.

2 Likes

So because no one has ever met a black hobbit, it shouldn’t exist on screen?

I have now started season 2 of Reservation Dogs and I have to really ride hard for it. Season 2 is as good or better than the first. The acting is so good. It’s probably my favorite show on TV right now.

2 Likes

I need to check this out, FX rarely misses

1 Like