What do you listen to when you want to listen to something but are not in the mood for anything?

I don’t know why this particular song, but I’m always in the mood for this one.

2 Likes

Aaah I completely forgot about him! I especially like that Aguas da Amazonia album

1 Like

I get routinely overstimulated by music, when music becomes “meh” I turn to words with books or podcasts

5 Likes

I second this one! :slight_smile: And his album as Gramm too!

This, or anything else Variant/Radius/Steve Hitchell

The one thing I’ll always have time for is rain and thunderstorms - hitting glass, trickling through trees, tapping on a lake - something about those sounds I find endlessly soothing.

its incredible! same channel has also smooth brown noise, little smoother… LOVE THAT SHIT!!

1 Like

Lee Scratch Perry

2 Likes

I don’t listen to anything when I’m not in the mood… even seemingly innocuous music like really minimal ambient can rip my knitting when I’m not in the mood to listen. It’s just nice to hear the world around me some times… unless I’m driving and then I need to find a radio station which has talking which doesn’t make me want to punch myself in the face.

For me, David Bowie.

I have a couple defaults I can always rely on: Burial’s discography, The Lawrence Arms if I’m in a punk mood, Pink Floyd, or my “Starred” playlist which I started in 2014 and contains my favorite songs of all time. One of those always hits the spot if nothing else will.

WBGO 88.3FM out of Newark. Has been a huge part of my life for almost 3 decades

Death grips

1 Like

Famous speeches from history, spoken poetry or drones

Or Merzbow :skull:

1 Like

agree…I always listen to something I want to listen too…if I am listening I am in the mood.

1 Like

I listen to people or go for a nap.

1 Like

stars of the lid

2 Likes

I always find my way back to Sinatra.

YouTube and Undisputed on FS1 with Skip and Shannon