What does it mean? What does it mean to you?

I was a boomer when I joined(years ago) and then came to realize that people have their cool musical aliases.

I tried to change it a couple years ago, but the forum got really concerned that my alias change would completely alter the DNA of the forum.

Does that make me a hero? I like to think so

9 Likes

Some people come up with a cool alias. Some people put a drum machine on the end of their name rather than be creative. At least in this forum it’s on topic. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I actually tried to use my name but apparently another Micah beat me to it.

1 Like

Interviewer, to Lee Scratch Perry: How did you get the name Upsetter?

Perry: Because I am the Upsetter. That’s answer for itself. I am the Upsetter. One take onto himself what he think he is, and I think I know I art the Upsetter, so I am the Upsetter.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Those in particular remind me of the large freestanding cube maps in large malls, which has added layers of irony given the lack of existential conductivity in a retail environment which is also large enough for you to not know where you are, and marking the relative center of your universe so you can get a bearing on how far you are from where you desire to feed your money back into the same mouth which is giving you the directions and a path to do so.

1 Like

While growing up, my sister had a cd called “Anokha - Soundz of the Asian Underground”. Used to listen to it a bunch, and liked the sound of the name. So I started using it on mirc and other places. Think I moved the “h” because I preferred the way it looked.

Not a funny or interesting story, but a true one.

3 Likes

Music has always felt a bit like adventuring around the unknowable. I think that’s why I like it.

3 Likes

I was amused to find there’s someone here named @crevice which is kind of the opposite of @protrusion … so I messaged them, and it turns out we both live in the same area.

5 Likes

I could have found a better one that the one I use … but it speaks the truth, at last it did in the past when the neighborhood has been blessed with my musical or unmusical emissions

So Noisebuddy is a product from an act of pure madness :rofl:

2 Likes

I am also amused!

I am now informed!

I can indeed relate to this… the name works!

2 Likes

tinara is not a recursive acronym :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

‘t is not?

2 Likes

yo I don’t want to clutter your music post with too much analysis but those tracks are really interesting thematically and sonically. The first song I can’t even really put into any genre but other than having some cool back and forth between the tension and the rhythm, the way the sound evolves around the plot is compounded into added entertainment. The second track almost felt like it could fit into some alternate reality evolutionary system with an unwritten gorillaz album, not a specific song I can compare it to but just the feel of it and the experimental but still sort of dub themed nature of the melody I guess? Not to just make a deliberate comparison to something existing but maybe that being the most specific sound I can grasp at that would convey what I was thinking when I heard it. Thanks for sharing the tracks!

2 Likes

Hi thanks. Really appreciate your words and I when I set out to make those it was all just experimenting and bringing together different influences so thank you

Here’s the last thing I put out which you might find interesting as again I try to fuse different elements and styles

Again I really appreciate you listening and thanks

1 Like

I’ll check it out. Did you also do that pixel art robot that you used for the cover image?

1 Like

I used AI for that. Tried multiple prompts until I found something I like then added text and logo.

The one above is some photos I took

1 Like

Well, feeling a whole lot better.

Have made some changes, have more to make but have a general feeling of improvement.

Also, buying a digitakt hasn’t hurt :roll_eyes:

This place is ace. Don’t want to change my name though :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

This is a great update and a good improvement, I hope you continue to find creative ways to keep your mind engaged and just to give yourself permission to enjoy it beyond the therapeutic effects, thanks for checking in!

2 Likes

Aww, thank you. That’s really nice of you to take the time to reply xx