What is your favorite thing to sample for bassdrum

Hey every… Naut… body… meatbag… umm humanoid.

What is your favorite item to sample for a bassdrum, like for example, a telephone pole, or like throwing a box at a wall?

3 Likes

Stones

2 Likes

pile driver!

2 Likes

An empty metal barrel. the bigger the better.

3 Likes

Ohhh this seems fun

Maybe hitting one with a hammer?

Hitting a stone with another stone.
I saw a video where Bjarki was sampling stones for kickdrums. I love Bjarkis kicks!

Hitting one of these on the slide surface with a rubber hammer.

Or better yet a wooden carrier crate, large one.

5 Likes

Softly tapping the microphone

I saw the title of this thread and felt a massive urge to simply write ‘your mother’, but it’s not that kind of forum is it.

3 Likes

Closing the lid of a paint can with a hammer

Layer these 2!

1 Like

Five gallon replacement water jugs

2 Likes

Love this question. I did a whole kick drum focused mix/edit many years ago. Hard to pick a favourite but sampling the SH101 always delivers.

Here is an hour of kick drums: Mixcloud

2 Likes

Lurve this idea

1 Like

Yea, ive even tried a dfam, and the elektron Model:cycles as well. Washing machines are nice to or dryers. Put a shoe in there.

1 Like

Listen, the joke is funny, but twitter is affectively dead and taken over by trolls, racists, bigots and nationalists as of this week. Lets keep Elektronauts safe and fun because… honestly, theres nowhere else to go now.

6 Likes

I save myself a lot of wasted time by just going straight to sampling my head banging against a brick wall.

Sounds pretty good to be fair.

4 Likes

Sounds like a limiter is critical.

3 Likes

LMFAO, I guess that would work, maybe against a washing-machine might work pretty well.

1 Like