What machine would you like to see added to the Model:Cycles?

String machine. Has anyone got a decent string sound from the model:cycles?

3 Likes

Not string… but cool pads using the chord machine. Add a bit of LFO to the tuning and it shines.

3 Likes

The Chord machine can get you close. Negate DIST LFO set to ENV

1 Like

hihat machine

Metal does not have enough sizzle. It does a great “chack” but not “tss”. I want to “tss”. And there is so much range in the parameters with very little change, seems like if one of them were a high pass filter I could make it “tss”. The digitone has no trouble "tss"ing, just copy that?

4 Likes

I have gotten some high pitched horrorish strings with the metal machine.

3 Likes

Agreed, you have to crank the gain, but when you get in the vicinity it’s like a ghost generator.

Tone machine gets close to a white noise hihat. Even closer if you use a random LFO at audio rate.

6 Likes

Yeah, I still don’t quite “get” the metal machine. Most sliders sound the same and the ones that don’t are … kind of awful to listen to. Would prefer something akin to Machinedrum’s hihat machines.

2 Likes

I’ve found that as well and it’s useful but it’s not the “tss” I’m looking for :slight_smile:

A noise machine would be very useful. The noise generator on Rytm is great for hats and even low-key snares and things like that.

7 Likes

General midi machine. Please bring GM back.

2 Likes

Please do.

2 Likes

What would the benefit be of having GM sample banks on every hardware module?

Not sample banks. Sometimes i miss those early attempts to recreate traditional instrument sounds with fm or subtractive synthesis. But mostly i am just joking.

1 Like

HI
I’ve tried many tricks and tips and workarounds but …
i’m still one of those who struggle with high pitched hit hat …
So a dedicated hit hat machine would be great,

1 Like

Perhaps an Arpeggiating Chord Machine?

6 Likes

I’d probably ask for something like a second Chord machine with very different tonalities and characteristics. I find myself wanting more chord machine-like tones and sounds but needing it to feel different than what I can currently do.

More clap options…
Maybe something specifically for click and pop type textures…
Bells or strings could also be nice.

6 Likes
  • A fatter snare
  • Clap

Knowing that M:C has 4 operators:

• 2-voice 2-op FM interval
  • 2-voice 2-op polyphonic pad with attack setting
3 Likes

SY TOY, please.

2 Likes

I have the bad feeling that the release of the Syntakt will stop the updates on Model:Cycles. I think Elektron won’t add new machines on M:C, if you want it, buy a Syntakt. I think it’s a shame but I have the feeling that they won’t push the full potential of the models due to the Digiboxes.