What’s next for Ess / Fors?

maybe they’re talking about a non M4L version

18 Likes

Absolutely wonderful sounds!

2 Likes

Cheers! Everything in the video is Doublet through Bokeh. It’s a pretty powerful 2-OP FM synth :––)

So glad to have this out, it’s been absolutely insane finishing it all up - but worth it.

12 Likes

I love all the animated waveforms!

1 Like

haha, the animation you did showing the os version number is a nice little detail :smile: :+1:
lets see what we can do with it :nerd_face:

Nice demo video/sounds! But Bokeh and Roulette are M4L only according to the newsletter :cry:

1 Like

Bitwig user?

1 Like

Yeah, I made the switch. I still have Live 9 but I never feel like opening it. It would be lovely if these devices could be made into VSTs :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

It would be a the natural progression to make VST or iOS app versions.

My dream is a Korg minilogue xd “user oscillator” version.

:musical_keyboard: :musical_keyboard: :musical_keyboard: :musical_keyboard:

1 Like

These are great:)

Agreed. If I’m doing any ITB composition- it’s most likely going to be in Renoise

2 Likes

+1 for Bitwig! Ess please! :wink:

3 Likes

Appreciate the kind words! Thanks :slight_smile:

Yeah, VSTs would (again) be really nice… Maybe I will have to dig into the JUCE stuff, I should be able to port the audio engine (if the Gen export still works) but all the GUI stuff needs to be rewritten. Eh, don’t hold your breath, haha!

In 2021 I would love to start working on some hardware or something, something big… Who knows!

24 Likes

UPDATE: Had to postpone, will update once I know when we will stream

It’s time for another stream!

I’ll be going through all the Fors devices this weekend and showing some behind the scenes stuff in Max. Come join me on Twitch at 8PM CET this Saturday!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLZJh5eh0FW/

21 Likes

Awesome! I won’t be able to watch live, is there any chance you can put it up on twitch to watch later?

That’s 12 noon Mountain standard time! I’ll be there!

I’m starting to learn Max myself. I’ll be looking for some tips.

1 Like

I probably won’t be able to join the stream, but I did want to give a shout out to Doublet. I’ve had it for a while just now and think it’s really, really cool - I thought there might’ve been more chat about it. Defo worth checking out. The only slight downside I would mention is that it’s at the heavier end of the CPU spectrum - for me it’s broadly comparable to Uhe Diva in divine mode. Worth it though…

1 Like

The demos remind me of the gorgeous quality of the DigiTone. That is enough for me. I am hoping to get it soon.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, it’s a bit CPU heavy, especially on older processors - I might be able to optimize it a bit but it seems that running these things in Max for Live is generally a bit on the heavier side, even when it’s simple stuff. Worth noting is that Live 11 performs a lot better from what I’ve seen so far.

4 Likes