What’s next for Ess / Fors?

That’s good news about performance on 11!

My laptop’s pretty new, but it’s pretty not top end but it’s more than usable… I mean I suppose if I bunged it up to maximum unison and start firing out jazzy 5 voice chords it might struggle but I’m not planning on that any time soon. Great to hear that it’s better on L11 - only a few more days to wait!!!

I unfortunately have to postpone the livestream, I will most likely try to do it next weekend instead.

3 Likes

Ok - let’s try again! This saturday (27th) at 9PM CET, should be pretty good for a lot of time zones. :slight_smile:

Again, twitch.tv/ess_mtsn

9 Likes

Oh also, just to wet the whistle, I forgot to post the Max/Gen stream I did months ago - I uploaded it to YouTube but never posted the link anywhere haha.

The Fors stream(s) will be uploaded later as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46qEP26bhvY

Unfortunately the Digitone stream is forever gone though.

11 Likes

Aw boo - there was a Digitone stream from Ess? I wish I had seen that. Oh well, I have the 0-Day albums to keep me company!

I bought “the trio” and found it a great immediate way to make some great sounds/sequences. Being able to run multiple Roulette instances and switch between them/overlap them is great. Automating the params on Doublet and Bokeh makes for some truly lovely melodic/rhytmic output. The immediacy and simplicity reminds me a lot of the M:C.

2 Likes

…good to see u busy… stay strong and healthy…berlin’s waking up again…soonish…

swedish brain drain only just begun…

2 Likes

That’s really useful in order to pair with the build of a Befaco Lich!

https://www.befaco.org/lich/

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ess and @trash80 casually chatting and debugging FM on the M8 discord…

Few weeks ago I was thinking « hum he wants to implement an FM synth, we all know someone who might help… »

I love you guys. This is fucking epic.

Sorry to sound fanboyish but this actually made my day

2 Likes

Friendly reminder - I’m on in 1 hour! :slight_smile:

Haha, guess it was inevitable that I found something to complain about with the FM implementation - but overall I love it.

2 Likes

I have to say that was a pretty cool live stream. I hope Ess finds the time to make some more.

Now I’m going to make the time to go through the Max/Gen stream.

Picked up doublet and blokeh. Having a little trouble getting blokeh to sound good, but I haven’t had time to properly dig in.

sounds awesome!

16 Likes

Quite happy with this one. :wink:

18 Likes

I would be pleased for you to be quiet and accept my currency.

Looks and sounds amazing! :metal:

1 Like

ha! i’ve been burning through Death Stranding lately…

3 Likes

Haha, I had no idea of this reference. Still need to play it!

2 Likes

Beautiful. Playing with it now. Can’t make it sound bad.

3 Likes

Fourth product, maybe?

Don’t give up! :smiley:
Seriously though, happy to hear. That’s the best compliment.

5 Likes