What’s next for Ess / Fors?

Yeah instant buy at this price and really fun - they look beautiful and sound amazing. First plug-ins I’ve felt excited about for years (since discovering Elektron gear probably!) - great work @Ess, I might have to collect the rest now!

1 Like

Ess built the engine for this nice piece of modular kit, sounds great:

10 Likes

And so we have Pluck too! :bomb:

Going to try with Jog and Box, but would like to try an Ableton instrument with mix level between Pluck and Pop.

@Ess I’m trying to understand how to clear/reset Jog but still didn’t find a solution than erase an instance and load a new one…

3 Likes

Sorry, missed this! It simply responds to regular MIDI notes but remaps to the new divisions. It means you have to do some counting in your head when moving things around (would be cool if the piano roll in ableton had microtonality!), but I find it pretty fun to just go by ear and intuition.

You mean using both Pluck and Pop on the same track? You can do that with an instrument rack, select one instrument at press cmd/ctrl+g, then you press show chain list which allows you to run multiple instruments on the same track - pretty neat.

To enter a new sequence in Jog you just press the pen again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, got it and done, didn’t test yet, just the workflow to create the chain, macros will be useful here.

Got it, dunno why, probably I was confused by chained Jogs, perhaps when you press the pen icon into the second jog, it records the notes coming from the first Jog?

BTW I got the impression that for planned notes, the best way is to write with Ableton stopped, if you want to improvise, then clicking on the pen on chained jogs will lead to unxpected sequences (kinda).

What is useful too is to use the scales, pitch and the other midi devices from ableton in between of the multiple Jogs.
Random notes is cool too in order to spice up.
What I miss (perhaps is just didn’t find yet or need ot be created in max), is a device like mutable instruments branches, a dual bernoulli gate where the incoming signals are randomly routed to one of the two outputs.

1 Like

Three new devices for kit owners! :heart_eyes:

Plus end of year sale!

16 Likes

Now we need some percussion synths!! Hehehehe
Thxs a lot for the update!

booought? thx for sharing! haven‘t even heard about kits 1.0 … guess I should subscribe to the newsletter

crap… I didn‘t use the code :upside_down_face: so Ess: spend the extra money with love! :v:

7 Likes

This is so excellent.
Each addition is a promise of great experimentations.
Listening to a 3 notes loop i made with Lux through Ego and Box…
…Should be approaching Orion soon.

2 Likes

Kit 2.0 is brilliant! Worth every penny!

1 Like

Thanks y’all! Happy to see that 2.0 is so well-received. I’m quite pleased with the new devices too :smiley: Especially Lux, it’s a synth I first built for myself actually, always wanted that kind of additive oscillator.

We felt it would be cool with a year-end free update that gave some serious heft to Kit. We’ve really had a blast doing Fors this year and it’s been so cool to get this much support. Feels amazing to be able to do this full time.

Actually Lux has a pitch envelope since it can do inharmonic stuff quite well, and the envelopes are especially snappy for this purpose. Having said that, you will soon get your wish. :wink:

25 Likes

Music to my ears.
I had awesome results using Dot with Sugar Bytes DrumComputer, can’t wait to experiment percussions in a total Fors package !

1 Like

Yeah!!!
:slightly_smiling_face::drum:

I just thought I would share this because I’ve been testing some fors instruments for the first time and I’m enjoying them sooo much

So lucky to have found a digital instruments maker who really “gets it”.

11 Likes

thanks for the heads up. I’m gonna get a bunch now.

really drawn to everything about Fors stuff. the sound & interfaces are :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you! That’s a very nice thing to say.

(Both of you!!)

10 Likes

well, I just bought em all :joy::partying_face: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Congrats ! you will enjoy how they connect with each other and the possibilities they offer.
I also love how these devices are leading me to be subtle with my tweaks.
Can’t wait for the next ones.

1 Like

Ess gonna make a synth for the M8 next :smiley:

In my dreams, but man that would be sick.

5 Likes

I’m actually considering getting Ableton just to be able to use these.

5 Likes