What’s next for Ess / Fors?

Chiral is on sale at the Ableton store

4 Likes

Yes.

Just got the Opal! Idk why I waited so long? Absolutely loving it!

3 Likes

Yeah, its amazing! Enjoy!

1 Like

watched the yt vids and would love to buy some m4l devices from fors. but it seems I need a credit card for that. unfortunately I only have a paypal acc… 8/

1 Like

maybe drop Ess an email. he might be able to come up with a solution. u never know.

1 Like

will try that I guess

What? Is that true only credit card?

Ess come on. I wanted to buy stuff in the coming month too, but no credit card.
Thats pretty limited.

Wow, I’m sorry I’ve been so absent in this thread lately! I had a very busy February in the US together with Felisha and now we’ve just been settling into our new home in Sweden(!) …

@NeonMelk it’s always a pleasure seeing your video pop up – I’ve especially enjoyed these last few! Visuals are really cool, sounds great. Looking forward to whatever you share next!

@Mcpepe lovely video here too! Been seeing it on Twitter

@treat great stuff, enjoying following the live chat. Keep 'em coming!

It’s really so cool to see and hear what people create with our instruments, and especially with Opal seeing as it’s a lot deeper. It makes all my time spent creating these things really worth it.

To be clear it’s bank/debit/credit card that can be used to purchase through our Gumroad at the moment. If safety is a concern, you can read Gumroad’s page about their transaction handling.

The reason why we don’t have PayPal available at the moment is two-fold; first of all we had a bunch of issues after the Opal launch with PayPal demanding information that didn’t exist like where I physically store my merchandise and who my supplier is – a bit of a ridiculous question for a software company :sweat_smile:

Secondly as I mentioned before, we recently moved to Sweden and have founded Fors as a legal company here, this meant that I had to put PayPal on pause until everything was in place.

Good news though – I should be able to get PayPal up and running any day now.

Now back to working on Opal 1.2 … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

32 Likes

This seems to be a bug in Live / Max – it doesn’t accept some of the AIF files in the Live library because they have a (more or less) broken header… Silly :slight_smile:

Nothing I can do about myself unfortunately.

1 Like

Thanks a million ! That means quite a lot !
On top of creating inspiring instruments, the UI of your devices are perfect for making visuals, so it’s a real pleasure from start to finish for the whole creative process.

The classic thing to say there would be : " i can’t wait ! "
In truth i can totally wait, because there is so much to explore in it’s current version.

But yes indeed, excited… i am.

2 Likes

Is there a way to change patterns quantized on the opal?

How well can u use opal with the push2?

Good news - PayPal is now available again on our Gumroad.

Yes, you can use the “Active Pattern” automation lane for switching patterns – they are always quantized in the sense that the playback position is calculated from the song pointer in Live.

Very little, the Push 2 <=> Max for Live integration is just not capable enough to support it.

9 Likes

you can use the individual Opal sound engines, and create instrument racks with makros controlling parameters. Essentially using push2/ableton as a sequencer with Opal sounds… but you will miss out on the nice sequencer

I wish that Ableton would address this, if there was a Push API for M4L, it would be amazing.

7 Likes

Thanks you, now I can assign patterns to clips!!! Awesome!!!

I’ve been really enjoying Opal recently, so much so that I am surprised there isn’t a thread dedicated to it.

The engines are flexible and have their own character and the sequencer is superb, the best outside of an Elektron device. I’ve been able to dial up some massive kicks with Gem, the bass in this sounds gigantic. Also really enjoying the claps I can get out of Dust, such a cool algorithm and claps are not easy to get from most synths I’ve used. The Slate sample device is soooo cool, I love the independent loop setting and the granular option and that we can parameter lock the 16 samples to the steps. The reverb is a powerful character in its own right and ties everything together nicely and I love the step-sequenced granular/repeats track, very unique and cool. This is without doubt the finest rhythm software this side of Microtonic, and the sequencers take it to another level entirely.

That is such a bummer. It feels like creativity at Ableton peaked when Live 9 was released and has slowed down significantly since then. Updating the way in which M4L integrates with the Push 2 would surely lead to renewed interest in both products and would open creative doorways.

11 Likes

Opal / Bokeh / Box

14 Likes

anyone used a beatstep pro with Fors stuff?
can you midi learn those 16 sequencer knobs to parameters or are they just for pitch adjustment?

visually it looks like it would be nice to use with Fors, but looks like you have to use their control centre software to setup midi cc’s. pain in the t1tz

2 Likes