What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

I picked up an MS-20 from Adorama for the same deal. Prompt shipment and delivery, however the box was pretty beat up. The synth was padded really well so it was fine.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. Even with the big price drop I think this is still the most expensive thing I’ve ever bought online. And even though it’s not huge as far as keyboards go, it’s still a pretty bulky I’m sure. I’m pretty much on the edge of my seat! Which shipping service did they use? I pray it’s not UPS. That’s a 50/50 chance of it going to my neighbor one block over. It’s happened so many times that she has my phone number now. And that’s the mildest of that company’s tomfoolery in relation to packages addressed to me. I guess I’ll shut up before I go off on some wild anti UPS rant :0)

2 Likes

Not a synth but the SSL SiX was a huge f it purchase. Didn’t need it, all gear was packed up due to a renovation, and no clue how to use a mixer. It just sat on my mind so when a 20% coupon hit the email and worked I said F it.

Still the most expensive piece to date but it’s mine and I love it.

7 Likes

Verbos System

Not expecting to buy one anytime soon though

3 Likes

If Roland reissues a real Roland Jupiter 4, I’ll buy it no matter the cost.

4 Likes

Erica Synths Perkons HD-01

1 Like

The most recent ‘f*ck it I’ll buy it ‘ purchase was the sh101 plug-in by softube .
Not hardware , not expensive… but I’ve tried not to buy anything for a while.

I don’t have an expensive synth lined up as I have some in boxes I should use first. ( nord 4r being the main one )

2 Likes

Ha, sorry, it’s UPS. Hopefully it will make to your porch first try.

I am so happy i pulled the trigger. The MS-20 might be becoming my favorite synth. It’s a blast to play and design sounds on.

3 Likes

I love simple sounds for making music, but love designing complex sounds just for enjoyment. Modulars and the Hydra I’ll just zone out and create huge sounds. Then if I’m feeling like making a track, I go simple, and put that effort into the patterns.

It’s also fun to play using simple sounds. I love doing EP style playing with just a sine or triangle for example.

4 Likes

Oh noooooooooooo! But seriously it’ll probably be fine.

And I definitely believe that last part. I’m very excited about this one.

1 Like

I think I’ve had three.
When the Osmose was announced I waited till the last day for the preorder and knew I’d never convince myself to pay the full price so I went in on it.
When guitar center had 20% off anything and I got a Digitone.
When I saw a D10 pedal steel for way too cheap on Craigslist and I snatched it up knowing I’d never find one for the price I paid.

presumably LXR 02 :woman_zombie:

1 Like

It’s a good one. It’ll get super dirty if you want it to.

1 Like

Who would want something else? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So … I clicked on another thread and might need to update my brain

It’s not a single synth , it’s the classic set
Re-101 ( when it gets released )
Re-202 ( when it’s released )
Re-303
Re-808
Re-909

All matching colours …
I need to start saving …

2 Likes

Syntakt - I wanted a device that sounds good, I could start a track on the couch, and finish in the studio with no compromises for mixing in the DAW. I also found I don’t enjoy sampler workflows.

It is my first Elektron gear, and the UI and feel of the box and workflow is so much better than other devices. Not to mention it sounds great.

I sold a Polyend Tracker and a TR-8S to cover it.

4 Likes

Waldorf Iridium desktop. I’d been eyeing it since it was introduced, but way too expensive. Then I committed to NGNY 2022, so was off the table, Then, someone here gave a way a one-time use Guitar Center 20% off coupon worth up to $500, I didn’t hesitate for a second, used it within a couple of minutes and the Iridium was on the way (and had to say goodbye to NGNY thread). :frowning:

Second runner up (kinda long ago): Korg Kronos. Didn’t need it, at all, had a Roland A-90 that was still great after 20 plus years, but just loved everything the Kronos had to offer and it was time for an upgrade to something new that would not require me to turn on the computer to play something.

this one will be hard to resist

1 Like

Op-1F