What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

Mine turned out to be a sequential take 5. Was pretty much in the sense of this thread :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

So did you receive it already? I can feel the next F it moment approaching here myself, partly because of this thread. Just don’t know what I’m getting yet. :grimacing: It’s like anti-anti-GAS.

3 Likes

should arrive today or tomorrow.
Pretty excited, since it’s my first keyboard synth since the microkorg, which was my first hardware synth 10 years ago.

Only bought grooveboxes and desktop stuff since then

4 Likes

Yeah, this thread is worst than the last purchase thread. Seeing people F*** it purchases is triggering GAS in sympathy ha…

4 Likes

I have a watch/wantlist of about ten items long, half of it DSI/Sequential stuff. What’s keeping me is that I only buy second hand (and NGNY) but the F*ck it moment… I can feel it coming in the air… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

you’re not alone, you’re not alone.

Having the same second hand only rule, it helps but… There’re all available on the second hand market right now (OB-6, P-5, P-6 and a Voyager). Them being still F*** expensive helps though but I should mute this thread :sweat_smile:, just in case

1 Like

Can’t live without a big synth now, pal.
You won’t regret it. The only thing I’m meh about is the size. Of course it can stay at home but when I see the likes of Bodzin putting in the effort to bring a Sub37 and rocking the show, well, it’s hard not to dream and desire only the finest things whether studio or live.

I often feel those simple sounds are more emotionally engaging too. So many of the sounds I make on the P5 or Rev2 have the feel of an EP. What I love about the P5 is how easily I can create interesting and expressive variations of those sounds. Add a touch of reverb and I’m in heaven.

2 Likes

Interesting to read this, I personally couldn’t imagine not using instruments live, and don’t think of it as making an effort, it’s more a necessity. So it must depend on your own music/genre?

I’m playing a live show for the first time in 8/9 years next week and I’m taking/using my Sub37 and (newly acquired) Prophet 6. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

OB6 desktop for me. If i ever have some money left this will be the one.

4 Likes

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxAEvdKSdo30JMIgDm3HD5kz5KJfo4sYDw

1 Like

I absolutely agree. I’m just pondering a modular case, OB6 desktop, and a backpack with TimeLine, Heat, and a Big Sky inside by foot and train in the most densely populated city on earth.

If I was going by car then I would also look at getting the Sub37 back up and running.

Amazing to hear about your gig. Big congratulations! I’d love to watch @CCMP
Will it be streamed and will there be any recording of it?

1 Like

You have a gig in Manila?

1 Like

That sounds like way more than I’d want to travel on a train with, particularly somewhere busy. :anguished:

Thank you. :+1:
No streaming plans unfortunately (or maybe fortunately). But as I’m using a Tascam Model 12 that has a built in SD card, I should be able to record the mix… I haven’t worked out if I’m going to route the 2 singers and bass guitar through my mixer and just give the sound guy a L/R feed, or let them take the vox/bass direct to FOH.

2 Likes

I was thinking CDMX.

Just a thought: FOH is probably better set up to help your bandmates monitoring configuration. If you own the feed, you might have to provide monitoring control too. If you’re really lucky, the FOH will have enough aux you could get a line back from their desk to yours.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I’m hoping for.
I can get by without having the vocals hitting my mixer at all tbh, but it’d be good to be able to record them into the Model 12, and have for my own headphone mix.

Not at this first gig, but further down the line, I’m planning on processing vocals through Ableton… so I will get to the point where it’s a stereo feed to FOH and I’ll have to handle the monitoring/foldback too.

To bring it back on-topic, this is my set up for the gig, inc the ‘fuck it’ Prophet 6 that inspired the thread (Adam’s’ and Merc aren’t being used btw) ;

6 Likes

Nice car :slight_smile: Interesting looking space, too. Must be quite reverberant?

It is, but in a good way… it’s big, so there’s no standing wave type boominess… and there’s a lot of irregular shapes in the form of cardboard boxes. Those Adam T7v’s at that distance, with no wall reflections, sound superb.

1 Like

Jeez, yeah you’re right about me being wrong :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
You’re also wrong when you were right. :joy:

Anyway, Tokyo…

3 Likes