What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

If I had to choose one densely-populated city through which I had to haul that gear, it would be Tokyo…

5 Likes

Yep, same here.

1 Like

one night I was looking on eBay for synths. I kept bidding because there was this adrenaline rush you get when you were trying to get the best deal, and I told myself ‘nah I’m not gonna win this bid anyways’.

guess who has a Digitone now :no_mouth:

4 Likes

op-1f

1 Like

I will only ever use a sniper for auctions so I can set my “what I have” realistically without getting caught in a “war”.

Man, you guys got me with MS-20 FS deals. Ordered the Cold-War-Green model yesterday! Most used prices were more than the current blowout on new units. Crazy.

2 Likes

Cheap as chips now at £1599 at Thomann. Almost not in the category of a fuck it synth anymore :slight_smile:

I noticed that as well. Congrats on the purchase.

oh I didn’t pay $2k.

Apparently mine was a Modwave as I have one in the mail. I’m usually really good about selling something first to fund something new, but one youtube video too far and now one’s on the way.

2 Likes

SID Station!

So much better I ever expected!

6 Likes

I’ve been sleeping on this device for too long but today, I’ve ordered one at my local store. The Manikin Memotron Desktop.

3 Likes

After playing it in Synthesizer.GR shop in Athens, the UDO Super 6 is definitely up there. Everything else seems like a waste of time

2 Likes

What was the video that did it?

I’ve been eyeing up a Modwave… my plan is to sell a Blofeld Keys I have and haven’t taken to.

I’m not sure the exact one that sent me over the edge, I ordered it a couple nights ago and I’m at work now. I definitely watched everything that popped up on the first page of youtube when you search it, there’s a perfect circuit video on it that sticks out in my head, I think maybe it showed some of the sample based sounds that I wanted to hear that I hadn’t found as many demos of.

1 Like

This was my best fuck-it purchase ever. This machine might be my favorite Elektron and it’s my 6th. I only regret not buying one sooner, but I might not have appreciated it as much. So good.

2 Likes

Oh wow, never heard of this! Had to look this up: very nice! Love mellotron and thought I only had the EHX Mel9 pedal as a compact option (not nearly the same but you know what I mean).

1 Like

I’ve been pretty good with not saying “fuck it” and actually tempering my purchases. That being said, when should something move into the “fuckkit……I’m buying” category? A year? 2? Cause there’s one that’s been nagging me for a while now….still being good (for a very long moment) tho….

I wait until I really understand how it can help my music workflow, solve problems, and improve the music I’m making (which also could include how it would be more engaging and fun to create with).

It also helps to sell any instruments you are replacing first. That way your new purchase isn’t tinged with guilt that you should be using things you already have.

1 Like

I’m good with all that. It’s not needed, but the itch has been around a while. I’m also not much of a synthesis guy, so they tend to sit there, mocking me how much I suck at synthesis. But you can’t have no synths, right?