What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

I guess you want to use those extra octaves that you don’t have on the Minitaur. They sound lovely.

1 Like

I only have a Mother 32 for comparison, but I do prefer the sound of the Sirin. And yes, I couldn’t skip on those higher octaves. With The Digitakt, I can dial in program changes, enable delay/ reverb on certain patterns (higher notes), then cut the effects for the bass lines. The pairing is pretty sweet. I’m boxing up my Mother 32 but might not sell until the used market cools off.

2 Likes

My latest synth to fall into this category is a Sequential OB-6 Desktop.

It should arrived at the end of this month, and will finalize the most recent iteration of my Techno studio setup. A Korg Minilogue XD Desktop is holding down the free space until the OB-6 is delivered.

3 Likes

Would have to be the second edition Riccardo RGi-62x with the expansion mod.

Whatever synth makes that “Weeoooww” sound
I want it

3 Likes

Pretty sure all my synths were purchased like this.

3 Likes

Cocoquantus 2 - expensive but great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was the Korg Opsix this time for me. I missed the big blowout sale earlier this year, but I saw a local deal and took advantage of the current yen rate to get one close to those prices. If it’s truly discontinued, I didn’t want to miss out on this thing. Might be something special and rare in the future.

FM :blue_heart:, and something to get better at keys on. I’m mostly just messing up presets or going overkill on the space reverb for now, but I’m trying out some of Oscillator Sync’s tutorials for programming stuff too and it’s starting to open up to me.

Pairing it with the Syntakt is stupid fun.

3 Likes

Nord G1

8 Likes

Good choice

1 Like

Microwave 1 with stereoping programmer

3 Likes

I bought a G1 keyboard recently, then soon got a micromodular too :slight_smile: the nord modular ecosystem is amazing fun.

4 Likes

How about “Fuck this! I’m selling it.” ? DX-7.

7 Likes

This deserves it’s own thread… mine was the Octatrack. (…just to drop a bad fart in the packed Elektron elevator here!)

4 Likes

Judging by last week’s behaviour, it’s the Magella Implexus.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion to replace the Iridium with the Modwave, but I have no intention of getting rid of the Iridium. It sits front and center in my studio and remains my favorite synth to play with after 9 months, so the honeymoon effect is over. I don’t think I will ever tire of all that it offers. Its UI is just so fantastic and hands on. I have so many VSTs I never use, and don’t want this to be an extension of yet another VST (using its virtual editor). In theory, I really like Overbridge with the A4 and using the editor for the Korg Wavestate, but I never actually use them (I can’t seem to get over the disconnect I feel using a computer) and it kind of defeats the purpose of having a hardware synth). After upgrading the Firmware shortly after purchasing it in February, I haven’t had a single crash or any other issues.

2 Likes

said ‘fuck it’ im buying the same synth for future back up…

If by any chance you come across an expansion card for a reasonable price, don’t hesitate. Even if you don’t think you need it now, if you get into deep patching, having double the DSP power enables double deep patching!

1 Like

To me, it was the Syntakt. Despite thinking it sounds a bit thin, it just looks so cool and on paper, I love the idea of digital and analog synthesis in one tiny little metal chassis. (I still think it sounds too thin, but I’m sure it’s my own limitations as a sound designer.)

Well today I guess it was a Waldorf STVC and a Digitone… how ‘bout that!

It was a close run between DN and Syntakt, but in the end I think the core sound of DN had more appeal and it was cheaper, so will see how that goes. Now we wait…