What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

Yes, I’m very close to saying f*ck it and buying one of these. I don’t really have the space for it and it is pretty expensive, but it is really giving me GAS…

3 Likes

what do you dislike about the rev2? I am personally enthusiastic about this synthesizer.

Space will be less of an issue once I’ve sold off my eurorack. Sadly, any proceeds have already been earmarked for less exciting stuff. :cry:

Same. I am trying to figure out where to put it and what to sell to justify it. I have never sold any expensive gear online and it scares me (getting ripped off). When I get my act together, I will for sure sell my Octatrack and maybe also my MatrixBrute (which would fetch me both the money and space I need).

Lately, I’ve also been eyeing the Behringer Blue Meaney Arp 2600. I’ve never bought anything from Behringer, and don’t want to, but $599 for this? So tempting!

Intellijel Cascadia. I saw it, listened to a 30 minute demo and then took a gander at the 100+ page documentation and was like, “Fuck it, I’m buying it!”

I did that with the Digitone as well.

6 Likes

This place seems like a pretty safe bet. Lots of expensive gear moves here all the time. Reverbs also probably decent. Take photos and video of the gear working before you pack it, have someone film you packing it in one unbroken take, take photos of the packing before you seal it up, take pictures of the sealed up box, and keep your receipts. That should be enough to fight any fraudulent claims from a scammy buyer. It can help to state upfront that you have pictures and video for the buyer‘s comfort. There’s always still some risk, but you can at least mitigate it.

The Behringer Blue Marvin / Gray Meanie are totally worth it. They’re a ton o’ fun. And at $599 they’re a particularly affordable version of the topic of this thread!

1 Like

Maybe I’m just a crusty old Gen-Xer but that DJ-70 mkII still looks great to this day. My friend used to have one and always loved the comopact size and large screen…too bad Roland has gone the opposite with their ‘boutique’ line.

2 Likes

In this economy, any purchase is a “F$ck it I"m buying it” synth

6 Likes

My latest is a 2022 Subaru WRX.

You could argue that it’s a car and not a synth, but the bass sounds out of the exhaust would make a Moog blush.

8 Likes

BEHOLD: The Octatrack Keys!

4 Likes

My current f*ck it setup would be: Virus TI2, Machinedrum, Cascadia, and Octatrack. All grey every day. Unfortunately I don’t have $7k.

5 Likes

Mine would be the addition of Aodyo Anyma Phi and Nord Drum 2/3 …

6 Likes

The v-synth is somewhat my white whale. So slick. You never se them 2:nd hand it seems. Some day…

2 Likes

There is a discounted black b-stock unit at Thomann:

5 Likes

For the form factor (as oppose to the Aodyo Omega)?

1 Like

It’s the price :stuck_out_tongue: But the Omega desktop makes more sence because of the GUI of course. But right now I’m just about to explode that nowhere is an image of the front of that thing.

How inviting!

3 Likes

this image represents how crunchy it can sound

3 Likes

I still have the Rev2 and really like it… in fact, I like it a lot more now since I got the Prophet 6, they compliment each other really well. The Prophet 6 sounds fantastic, it’s filter is worthy of it’s reputation, and it’s fantastic for working within its limitations. But, if I want more modulation/movement than it’s 1 LFO and Polymod section allows, I turn to the Rev2 for it’s 4 LFO’s and modulation options.
If the Rev2 had the P6 filter, and sounded like the P6 (discrete VCO’s vs DCO’s), then I think the Rev2 might be the only poly I would need.
Regardless, the Rev2 is a keeper for me. As is the Prophet 6.

2 Likes

Which one would you keep if you could only choose one?? Yeah I know you said both keepers haha

Only reason I ask is that the one thing im missing is an analogue synth (Monomachine / Digitone Keys / OP-1 Field and Omnisphere)

Pondered the A4 but think would be wise to have more variety then Elektron (as also own Machinedrum / Rytm and Octa)

1 Like