What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

Fack it!

11 Likes

That´s what I´ve been thinking of.

1 Like

yeah it’s weird how some of us (definitely myself included) are just chasing the dopamine rush when it comes to gear

articulating/acknowledging the issue is the first step to resolving it

the ngny thread is pretty inspiring / i feel like a lot of us should be over there lol

4 Likes

I came close to this with Matriarch, Subsequent 37 and Waldorf M, but reason prevailed.

First it happened with Digitakt, and after being impressed with it, Digitone. Jury on the latter is still out (really need to dig into some tutorials).

Currently I’m fighting such thoughts about Virus and SP-404 MKII. I even joined the NGNY challenge.

1 Like

Somebody help me to not sign up for the Anyma Omega kickstarter

don’t sign up for the Anyma Omega kickstarter or else i will tell your wife

2 Likes

we’re not married before God, bam, I’m signing up

2 Likes

:joy:

Whenever Dreadbox decides to launch the rumoured Abyss 2, I’m gonna throw whatever I have in my hands and pre-order it right away. I’ve always been very fond of the Dreadbox sound, and almost pulled the trigger on the Nymphes, but I want a very basic knob-per-function synth. It looks like it’ll come with a screen, which I really think would be a nice touch.

4 Likes

Forget Anyma, it’s not going to sound any good at all, as a matter of fact the device has a built-in protection that will make it disintegrate itself upon each attempt of making it sound better, it is also not going to be expressive, just bland and boring.

Better to go for Nothing. Nothing is for free and it will sound like Nothing else.

2 Likes

Too late, my friend, too late… I was weak…

Hmmmmmmmm

Iridium
Kyra
Prophet 12
Rev 2
Matriarch

Doh

1 Like

I just played the Rev2 16 voice at the store today. Coming from the prophet 6 and prophet 10 r4 the Rev2 gets somewhere in the middle but it’s got its own sound too. I almost pulled the trigger, but I was shopping for the MPC X rétro instead

I’m probably gonna buy a digitone to celebrate getting another job.

Either that or something else- with macros. Apparently I now care about quick performance and I’ve been spoiled with the A4 and Hydrasynth.

If any diehards has any reasonable suggestions reply/message me.

Edit: oh! I get it now! The Midi CC values of the digis are intended to export the macros to DAWs! Brilliant!

9 Likes

Congratulations on the job buddy.

1 Like

…that was a future plan…:grimacing:

But I had an interview on Friday that I think went alright enough to start shopping around :grinning:

2 Likes

Now that’s what I call quasi adulting.

2 Likes

1 Like

Agree. Think its the best synth ive owned(rev2).

TLDR/Babbling: Awesome synth the rev2!

Its i guess my f*ck it-synth actuallly. Compared it directly at a store to the P6, and since i played the P6 a bit and thinking the Rev2 would not sound as good i was really pleased since the fearures on the rev2 are so much fun, sequencers, modulation and so on.

Though i must say that its of course more of a challange to make it really sound good IMO. But its sonically wider than say a P6, and CAN sound almost as good i think. Therefore it will be interesting for a very long time.

Ive bought some soundpacks thats has been really MEH, and some thats been amazing(both from respected patch makers). So goes to show that not all have ”mastered” it :slight_smile: Actually think factory patches are really good, as they often seem to be on DSI/Sequential.

1 Like

Fairly cheap items …
Tb-03 , I have many 303 clones so why not get another
T-8 I have many Roland drum machines / samples … and 303 clones and they’re cheap

My last more expensive impulse was Syntakt
I’m not buying
Vector
Waldorf m
Udo