What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

Not a synth but the OTO Bim Bam Boum decision was a ‘Fuck it, I’m buying them all’ decision and I stand by it and have no regrets whatsoever. Also a beautiful Yamaha BX-1 headless bass guitar from 1986… I made an offer on one from a Japanese seller on ebay, he ignored my offer and then increased the price… and then it was gone. I kept looking for one then found one for sale in the UK with a hardshell case in very nice condition. I started out looking for a cheapish headless bass, maybe a Cort of Hohner and ended up with a £700 Yamaha… sometimes you see something and you just have to have it. It’s not as good as my old Jap Fender Jazz '75 JB which I regret letting go of but it’s still a very nice instrument and a beautiful object.

4 Likes

Did the same with OTO Bim, Bam and Boum. Zero regrets, an awesome trio !

1 Like

Did everything turn out okay?

1 Like

Mmm… yes, just get it. That deep longing. I did that to get the Octatrack Mk2. Sure, it’s not ‘A Synth, Synth.’ But Oh is it A SYNTH BABY!! And for my likely one day for the
OB-6, I enjoy the Minilogue xd module to tide me over just fine. It’s got a nice bite/burn to the filter, though not an OB, but for what I paid, it’s close enough for me and I otherwise just sample the OB of the internet, thanks to everyone who posts demo’s!!

oh no, I think that’s the one:

1 Like

Self-Restraint SR-106 Neural Synthesizer by Critical Thinking.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Turned out the seller was a great guy. And the Perfourmer, well, talk about awesome. It is great both in studio and live.

1 Like

Came here to say Matriarch Dark – as soon as they announced that they were ceasing production, I said “F*ck it! I’m buy it!”

3 Likes

Same here!! A no-brainer if there ever was one.

1 Like

My Nord Lead 3 rack. Always wanted one.

I had just bought a Nord Lead 4 KB two months earlier, and I already had a Hydrasynth KB.
It didn’t make any logical sense. But now I’m glad I own both the 3 and 4 (I use them in very different ways) and got rid of the HS KB.

2 Likes

Virus Snow was the latest, but the list is long…

Recently financed (36 months no interest, thankfully) two Pioneer XDJ1000 MK2s. I’m just a bougie cxnt…after playing a few small parties I couldn’t stand my XDJ700s anymore lol might not get 'em til December tho :confused:

2 Likes

It’s nice to see the various Prophets mentioned so frequently here. I feel like the reissue of the Prophet 5 was a ray of hope for a lot of people in a gloomy time. Especially for those of us of a certain age, the sound of it is the home cooking of synths - comforting and familiar but still great every time.

I think my “f it” purchases have a quixotic nature. I’m not really a drummer but I can’t stop thinking about the Handsonic somehow. I’ve been quantizing less and playing more these days and I’ll have MIDI to back me up where I need it (thanks again, Dave :cry:).

3 Likes

My last F@ck it synth was the OP-1 Field. Liked the original but didn’t love it. The new one is so much better and very happy with it.

Next on my list is either the Novation Peak or the kARP 2600m. Or I could go to some older machines I’ve been looking at for years, Nord Lead 3, Roland SH-101, or Elektron Sidstation.

1 Like

The P5 reissue is absolutely #1 on my “fxck it” list next. The Bro-1 has scratched the itch for me, but I’ve never owned a vintage or new analog poly and I feel like if I had bucket list, owning an analog poly would be high on that.

3 Likes

Moog Matriarch will absolutely be my “fuck it I’m buying” synth at some point.

6 Likes

I feel like once the new Buchla Easel drops I’ll surely find some way to afford it… but I suspect it’s gonna hurt.

Mine too!
Or the prophet 5. Or the ob6. Or the summit. Or the Udo Super 6. Or the Arp 2600.
Damn it! Too many F*ck its to afford :crazy_face:

10 Likes

i don’t have one yet.
and i strongly suspect it could be syntakt or AR.

1 Like

Vermona Perfourmer, definitely.

4 Likes