What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

i’m having pre-“fuck-it” feelings about Xaoc’s Sofia. need to hear some more sounds from it but based on my previous Xaoc experiences, it will more than likely end up in my case.

2 Likes

The Syntakt was that a little bit. I was looking at the Digitakt, Cycles, and RYTM just for fun and it seemed like an interesting in between of them all. Absolutely didn’t need it, but it’s fun.

Otherwise, I’ve talked myself out of most of them. The only thing I’d really say “f**k it” and impulse buy is a Nord Modular G2 Keyboard under $2k USD. That would be difficult to pass up.

1 Like

My entire modular journey was a “fuck it, I’m buying” scenario, I got lucky and everything got inflated in price so I cashed in a bunch of old samplers and synths that had been sitting in my closet for 10-15 years to help fund the journey.

4 Likes

The OB-6 :ballot_box_with_check:

(on it’s way)

5 Likes

Mine will be the matriarch as well. The grandmother is so fun

1 Like

every elektron I own.

3 Likes

If I was hit in the face with $5000 I would immediately buy all three black boxes (OT, A4, RYTM) and take a month of vacation.

3 Likes

for me
DT, RYTM, DN

I still have not mastered OT. Its stubbornness that is keeping me from selling it.

I’m interested - I don’t have a Mopho but I do have Tetra - do you miss the second sub-oscillator and feedback on the Rev 2 (I think those are the only 2 things Tetra has that Rev2 doesn’t, excepting voices, multi-timbrility etc).

I’d thought of shifting the Tetra and getting Rev2 once NoGearNewYear is over, I love the sound but always want more knobs.

I forgot about modular…

2 Likes

The DR2 is great and I believe the sequencer is getting some love soon. The NF-1 I got recently to stack with the P10, they really complement one another.

1 Like

I feel like my modular purchases have been split between either 1.) something that solves a problem or addresses a need in my system, or 2.) “f*ck it, I gotta get my hands on this thing.”

I’m not sure what the ratio of one to the other would be but… bucket 2 is definitely not empty.

3 Likes

I said fuck it and ordered and Octatrack today

12 Likes

I agree. It has some mysterious magic sauce that nothing else has.

2 Likes

No, I don’t miss them but I do miss the multi mode as you could create wonderful patches with 4 different sounds stack on top of each other and paired with the Digitone in multi, it was really fun as you can sound-lock presets and have 4 tracks sequenced with the Sequential sound in a small factor. Paired with the Digitone it almost becomes an A4 with the Sequential sound.

What I really don’t miss is the interface though. I bought the Mopho SE for that and to add one voice using poly chain but it was a pain to deal with 2 synths as one so the Rev2 solved a lot of headache while giving me more voices and a 5 octave keyboard.

1 Like

Most recent FCK it purchase was Prophet 10 Keyboard. Definitely worth the FCK it.

4 Likes

I don’t know how I’d stop myself if another reasonably priced Pro 2 shows up on my local craigslist.

My Moog Grandmother Dark is the most recent synth. However, I am seriously debating at the moment whether to buy a Korg MS-20 FS.

1 Like

Guess it’s op-1 field for me since I literally sent this text to a buddy last month :grin:

10 Likes

Not a synth, but I finally said fuck it and put down a deposit on the Flock Audio Patch XT. I suddenly went legally blind a few years ago and having several TT patchbays is a complete nightmare for me now. Now I can have all my gear interfaced with my desk as easily as if they were plugins. Gonna be paying for it for a while, but I figured my time and sanity were worth something

6 Likes

I just bought a kawai k1 ii and a Yamaha fx550