What’s your- ‘F*ck it! I’m buying it!’ synth?

Prophet 5 module - zero regrets.

7 Likes

Probably not an overly popular one, but the Nord Wave 2 was mine. It does so much and is so playable, although is not a master of any specific thing. Several easy ways to modulate via playing expression, and the layering of samples/sounds is just too fun. Easily the synth that I play the most.

3 Likes

I’ve got the P6 and I’m strongly considering hawking it for a P5.

It’s a great synth for sure, but all of the biggest extra features it has compared to the P5 are things I actually don’t care for. I’m not a big fan of the triangle sub oscillator, I literally never use it, it’s not fat like a Juno or sub37 sub oscillator, just kind of tubby and muddy. And the high pass filter is WAAAY to steep to be functional. The onboard FX are nice to have for sure, the chorus and delays are actually very usable and sound really good. The reverbs sound pretty rubbish.

At the end of the day, the P5 and P6 share a similar design ethos, amazing sounding bread and butter synth with limited modulation. P5 is just better at that, and P6 is better around the fringes, but not at its core mission.

Syntakt forsure! Fucking love this thing.

1 Like

I saw a mother 32 for 300 euros, and my exact thought was “fuck it, that’s simply an offer I can’t refuse”. Looking forward to playing with my OT, Minilogue XD & Mother 32 setup.

3 Likes

Probably system coupe on sale was the most recent, ended up selling my pro2 to help keep the wallet dent more reasonable. Most productive I’ve been in a long time. Waldorf M and Syntrx are maybe the others but somehow they felt more reasonable.

1 Like

ah your the one that bought the b stock Linnstrument 128! I was eyeing that up too, thanks for taking it off my hands :slight_smile:

1 Like

Modular doesn’t call me too much but that, oh yes. How do you like the System Coupe?

Thanks! I think in the end the Rev2 desktop interface will win out… It’s a lovely machine aesthetically. Let’s see after NY.

@your_lamp bucket 2 is nearly all of my modular, it’s a place to collect esoteric oscillators more than anything else!

1 Like

Perkons

1 Like

No, not yet, but I am eyeing @Fin25’s . In general I think it is a great synth and I only get rid of it when I am feeling grumpy.

Don’t eye it, buy it.

1 Like

Still waiting for my New Buchla Easel. People at Buchla have delayed it yet again.

2 Likes

I converted into a complete FRAP TOOLS believer and had my “f#ck it” moment with a Fumana, Usta & Brenso.

1 Like

I’m about to fuck-it pick up my first. The timing is not good, but I feel in my bones that I need an mkI. I’ve been eyeing them for years and they’re more than affordable these days.

I also feel this about most of my modular purchases. Most recent was the Bionic Lester. Would probably be fun to sequence with the A4 too!

2 Likes

It may well eventually be a Hydrasynth Deluxe, because as well as being a great synth it has enough keys for me to learn more piano.

1 Like

fuck it I picked up an op-1 field

2 Likes

Syntakt as it came out. And I´m totally in love with it. Together with my AR it does over 80% what I need.

Owner of: DN, DT, A4, AR and Virus TI2

all the other stuff is still in the locker (many Arturias and other synths). But I just use elektron stuff and the Virus. Because of DAW Integration. Just my way.

And now AR and ST are my main weapons. The other elektrons and the virus are often used but not as mains. And and Behringer Odyssey is connected to for fun sometimes.

2 Likes

Basically use it constantly still, so I have no regrets… I find myself not needing to tweak as much to get stuff sounding right and just moving forward in composition which is nice.

1 Like

thanks for sharing experience: not something that well documented or covered via youtube etc.
functionally do you find that it acts as a groovebox essentially?