What’s your favorite firmware update of all time

Also massive shout out to Thomas from XOR. His Nerdseq updates are killer!

Second that. I was pretty stoked back then and just realized it was 10 years ago :no_mouth:

Gandalf the white

8 Likes

The sock I put in my high hats. Totally fixed the weird overtone that I wouldnt ever hear if I had actual friends and played in a band.

3 Likes

right up there with pre venom / post secret wars spiderman black alien symbiote costume change.

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Updates I witnessed: Syntakt SWARM and especially RAW

Updates from before I owned the device: Opsix u̶s̶e̶r̶ a̶l̶g̶o̶r̶i̶t̶h̶m̶ comb filter and other operator fx, and the stuff A4 and Hydra got.

3 Likes

My favorite is upcoming Analog Rytm update with second LFO, bandpass filter, mixer/audio routing options, digitakt sampling machines, scales, keyboard fold and RAW engine

4 Likes

Analog 4 becomes polyphonic.

3 Likes

The oldest fw update that I can remember being super psyched about was when all the E-MU E4 z-plane filters became available for the E64, E6400 and E5000, then later for the ESI series of samplers.

Besides that, the aforementioned A4 poly update, the most recent DT update and the TR-8S FM update seem like the most significant ones.

1 Like

JJOS forever

3 Likes

Yeah, the tr8s update/updates have been fantastic!

The ones that brought LED brightness.

5 Likes

Today’s one!
It’s Wednesday, right?! One can dream…

My brain once I got off the sauce.

4 Likes

Haha very nice

Wait a minute, I thought the opsix had user algorithms on drop. The, if memory serves, sole update of the opsix was operator fx, no?

1 Like

Digitakt 1.30 with audio input functionality, second LFO and additional base-width filter. It’s what made me finally get it. 1.4 and 1.5 were similarly incredible and cemented DT as an absolute keeper.

Roland also seriously upped their game with MC-707, TR-8s and SP-404 MKII updates.

2 Likes

Digitone: operator detune and portamento

Digitakt: the last one with sample rate reduction(the new machines are pretty cool too)

Analog 4: pitch lfo and polyphony. Also conditionals were effing MASSIVE

Analog Rytm: the massive engine drop back in 2016(also conditionals were effing MASSIVE)

Those were the only groundbreaking updates that I can remember

Edit: conditionals coming to octatrack was pretty wild

2 Likes

Holy cow. I forgot there was a time when there was only 1 LFO per track. Crazy :grinning: