What’s your favorite firmware update of all time

Careful, every time you mention this an AR owner dies.

5 Likes

Decisions decisions…

Water the used market of the AR…even though taking advantage of it puts one at risk of the AR Curse…hmm

I’ll take my chances.

1 LFO

2 Likes

2years in the making

Trig preview on OT was soo good IMO.
Also midi scenes.

2 Likes

Machinedrum OS X.0x (MDX) and MCL updates.
Just Epic!
Big hug Yatao and Justin !

4 Likes

(Hoping for a Syntakt update with arp and compressor)

2 Likes

My favorite update was the A4 which got scale per track.
It change completely how I use this box !
It’s a really minor update for Elektron but a major change on how you can use this Box !
64 step is not an issue anymore.

3 Likes

The out of this world upgrade I’ve been dreaming about for the past 2 years that both my Model:Samples & Model:Cycles will unfortunately never get would have been my very favorite… :cry:
But, Many thanks to Roland for the many great updates to the SP-404MK2, to Arturia for regularly updating the fantastic MicroFreak and to Akai for keeping my MPC the sweet beat baby I enjoy so much

3 Likes

I still remember the excitement when my Korg MS19 got updated to v.20.

A long long time ago I asked Elektron for a per track swing parameter on the MD and that’s exactly what they implemented. This is by no means a pad on my own shoulder, but I remember the sheer joy when it came out and the premium feeling of Elektron in these days. The Access Virus nd Elektron update policies and listening to customers attitude were unprecedented!

Favorite was DN song mode. Not because I use it but so many haters were so against it. Piss off hosers!

Big props for how they updated the MPC. Auto sampler update made me buy one years ago. Then free plugin instruments. Updated so you can use a usb audio interface for more I/O. So much more. Crazy how far that line has come.

2 Likes

Getting 50’s style wiring in my electric guitar :laughing:
The last OT update was pretty dope too.

Came here to say this.

1 Like

the one, that had the line “Added a dog to your household” in the changelog

2 Likes

…yup…sure…i’m still not one of those, who always and constantly need the latest update…

but since it became a common thing, to use the user as a beta tester, since every second product is only kind of half finished when released and half of those never really cross some kind of real world finishline in the end, sure i’m into those few, where firmware updates truly expand all sorts of opus moderandi…

so, i’m into this pretty much only with elektron gear…
and even there, my ot mk1 is still running on firmware 2.something…
rest of my swedish bunch, also the ot mk2 running on their latest versions, of course…

typing this on a mac, running first version of hi sierra…

1 Like

Hey at least you don’t have to buy a whole new Model D just to get an LFO :grin:

1 Like

Syntakt - update with portamento, update with raw and swarm, update with song mode

Rytm - update with scale per track

Isla S2400 - update with resampling, update with 1-16 bits option and doubling voices to 16, update with round robin

Prophet 10 - update with round robin, update with polyphonic voice stacking, update with splits/stacks, update with resonance compensation

The prophet 10 update was incredible.

1 Like

Second lfo for the DT is my most used update feature. Waiting for the 3rd one…

1 Like

i picked up a dt about 8 months ago

after a while i learned that most of the features that i took for granted were actually gradually added to it through several firmware updates

song mode and the 1.5 os were the first forum-breaking updates that fundamentally changed the way i used a piece of gear

you can tell elektron really loves the dt / their continued investment in something that was released six years ago is very much appreciated

the dt continues to change with the game

1 Like