What synth brand is the Volvo of synthesizers?

Alfa for me has to be pre-purchase by Fiat. It’s like they were bought by Music Tribe!

1 Like

Exactly.

6 Likes

This is pure MFB Dominion I and they likely sound similar.

7 Likes

Doepfer! Square, simple, solid.

3 Likes

Soma is like those cars that companies show off at expos but never have the balls to bring to market.

2 Likes

Heheh yeah he was known for that, he’s gone now tho

1 Like

He died or he got let go from the board for being too frugal?!

That Tatra is perfect for retrofitting a Tetra in the glove box. You know like in that MTV show Synth My Ride.

2 Likes

The marque that got sold to China? ASM is the closest i can think of.

He left his Volvo behind in 2018

1 Like

Well in that case I will never again buy some side table from them that ends up falling apart a couple months later.

Casio?

Another contender for the Smart car: both are basically watch companies (Smart was originally a Swatch product), both get the job done for few bucks. Both have collectible special editions.

2 Likes

Volvo invented the 3 point seat belt, which is in every car on the road, and deliberatley didn’t patent it, so the benefits could be shared with everyone.

So maybe Serge is the Volvo of synthesizers .

11 Likes

1 Like

Maybe TVR , you can drive it , but at your on risk :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

1 Like

Endless threads on Volvonauts titled “should my Volvo be this warm?”, “how hot should my Volvo get?”

1 Like

…what comes to mind at first, are those other swedish hardware brands…elektron and clavia/nord…
while my volvo 940 is from 93, has more than half a million k’s on it’s distance counter and is still rollin’ smooth where ever i may roam… :wink:

swedish hw simply rox…

2 Likes

Wroooom, only Elektron has Turbo Boost

3 Likes