What synth brand is the Volvo of synthesizers?

Korg=Volvo
Roland=VW
Elektron=Lotus
Nord=Saab
Access Virus=BMW
Waldorf=Mercedes
Moog=Porsche
Arturia=Citroen
Sequential=Peterbilt
Soma=Nissan Nismo
Novation=Chrysler

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not having Korg as Volvo, the Prologue is a work of art!

Even if I couldnā€™t play, Iā€™d have one in my living room as a piece of furniture :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the use of Steiner-Parker filters is akin to the use of hydropneumatic suspension ā€“ like the CitroĆ«n DS from the 70s that would lift after you start the motor. People are always like ā€œoh thatā€™s interestingā€, but they donā€™t exactly like it.

Also, the Microbrute is totally the 2CV

3 Likes

People can say what they want but the new volvos have been amazing cars. I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure how that translates to gear though.

2 Likes

Yeah, I like Volvos! I always associated them with safety and also reliability

3 Likes

Who the hell hates on Volvos? The Volvo 240 is a utilitarian marvel and looks better than 99% of what is on the road these days.

I was referring to the ā€œnow they are made in china ā€œ argument people were making.

Well, thatā€™s why I bought a Maybach but stillā€¦

Every now and then a thread comes along on this forum that reminds me of the time I use to get really high with my roommate and come up with random music/djing questions that weā€™d ask each other. This is that every now and then thread. Thanks for the memories.

2 Likes

Well, not a car, but we certainly know who is the Goop of synthesizer manufacturers. :rofl: