What was your favorite breakfast cereal as a kid?

And I even put extra sugar on top…

Also and still (once and awhile as a treat) golden grahams.

2 Likes

My step-dad used to work at Kraft. When he left, he got to take a pallet of Oreo Os with him. That lasted almost a year (though I didn’t get to have it every morning)

4 Likes

No Kellog’s at Polish supermarkets.
Nestle seems to have the market cornered (and their range is much less appealing imo).
Pah!

It has to be a toss up between frosted mini wheats, raisin nut bran and cracklin oat bran. I guess I liked fiber?

1 Like

I also really enjoyed this, I’d let the sugar mostly dissolve into a kind of icing first though - on winter mornings it would be replaced with set honey and the milk would be warmed first.

My ma was good to me :blush:

2 Likes

As a kid? Shittttt, I’m still eating Fruity Pebbles. Now with Marshmallows.

5 Likes

stay away from “used: like new”.

4 Likes

Boy am I happy I chose the best health coverage option at my work.

3 Likes

Is that the biggest issue here? I wonder…

Fruity Pebbles all day

2 Likes

I laugh at the brazen Aldi knockoffs, “Frosted Flakes”, “Golden Puffs”, “Wheat bisks”,“Crisp Rice” etc. Reminds me of Behringer :laughing:

I don’t eat cereal any more, but Cinnamon Grahams were my fave, Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and those Quaker pillow things when I was a kid. And of course Ready Brek.

2 Likes

I laugh all the way to the bank with the Lidl and Aldi knockoffs and can’t imagine why people shop for obscenely priced ‘brand’ food

I can’t imagine anything better/worse than the fucking delicious Cinnamon Churros Aldi were selling once - i got off that dangerous addiction after the one hit

on topic : so i can enter and leave

the one i remember is maybe not my favourite, but one i remember as just being like a step towards a different experience - presumably one tailored in terms of size/texture to appeal to a kid’s palette and they certainly seemed different and moreish … and memorable

a nod to Golden Nuggets (although i sorta recall the name including boulders, they were the size of subbuteo balls if we’re getting nostalgic), didn’t see them mentioned anyway

golden nuggets

can’t remember which ones regularly came with wee plastic play things in them, messed up times right there

3 Likes

Clearly you have not heard the good word of Malt-o-Meal cereals

3 Likes

I meant the brazen names not the actual food :wink:

Yep those were good too, forgot about them.

Aldi’s “Golder boulders” ? :laughing:

3 Likes

Grow up poor and those bagged knockoff cereals where heaven!

2 Likes

my first apartment had more generic cereal and macaroni in white boxes than I care to recall. My second apartment cost more and I think I started downgrading other things so I wouldn’t have to smoke generic cigarettes…

2 Likes

Definitely captain crunch with crunch berries , or die.

2 Likes

Think I have permanent scars on the roof of my mouth from Crunch Berries.

1 Like

What the fuck is wrong with you people???

Cinnamon
Toast
CRUNCH

4 Likes