What was your favorite breakfast cereal as a kid?

…nestle is evil…kelloggs is evil…and so is THE drug of modern times…industrial sugar…
the candycoloured breakfast cheatsheet…

nutella on white bread was my childhood drug…but words create reality…
once u call things by their real names, in case of nutella, that would be palmoilfad with sugar, u can escape the deathtrap of all processed food…
meanwhile only false prophets believe in milk…

1 Like

Nutella blew my mind too, although I didn’t try it until well into my teens. Weirdly, I discovered Marmite shortly after, and I liked that even better (still do!)

1 Like

Cookie Crisp with a side of Pac Man chewable vitamins.

2 Likes

Cookie crisp was another mouth shredder, surprised this is the first mention of it.

A few years ago, shortly after discovering adult gummy vitamins, I learned that I can’t be trusted to only take the recommended dosage of the adult gummy vitamins and stopped shortly thereafter.

We had the flintstones vitamins as a kid but I assume the same gritty not quite sweet not quite bitter paste was formed into both trademarked character types.

1 Like

Hard agree. I haven’t had cereal in I don’t know how many years. But I feel very strongly about this.

2 Likes

shit is fire. gives me crazy heartburn though.

1 Like

Pac Man and Flintstones were definitely similar if not the same. I’d run scrape em on the tabletop to fill the gaps in the particleboard table with vitamin dust.

2 Likes

that was one dusty vitamin. how was it healthy? that’s what I want to know. seemed more dangerous than nutritious.

eat one without something to drink and dust plus chunks just leaving a trail of debris down your esophagus.

Your instinct is probably right. Maybe healthier than the cereal though. Barely?

perhaps they combine like voltron to form a healthy breakfast.

yes, perhaps.

1 Like

(I still eat cereal for breakfast almost every morning)

3 Likes

I believe it’s called FL Studio these days

2 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that just because something can exist, does not mean that it should exist. I think ghandi said that but I don’t always have my facts straight so don’t quote me on it.

couple of you might be interested in this second variety to replace your cinnamon toast crunch.

Fruity Pebbles and Count Chocula.

I bought three boxes of US kids cereal from an import shop here in Tokyo out of nostalgia and they were horrible. I had to throw away the Cookie Crisp, not sure if the recipe has changed or not. I have fond memories of breakfast cereals from back in the day but would not go down that path again, lol.

4 Likes

Lucky charms all the way here. Always left the marshmallows for last… mhhhhhhhh

3 Likes

Same!!

It was all Kix, Grape Nuts and other non sugar stuff… the church choir moment was trying Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal for the first time. It was pure bliss.

4 Likes

On cold mornings it was usually oatmeal. Otherwise it was the giant bags of off brand, we eventually got malt-o-meal but before that it was some cheaper and more generically labeled brand which I can’t remember the name of. Gotta stretch those food stamps. A few times a year we’d go to the food bank and they’d always have those all white boxes of government issued cereal which was usually corn flakes. As for the bagged stuff from the grocery store we usually had the generic version of cheerios or corn flakes. We had a soft ban on sugar cereal in our house but when I’d sleep over at a friends place they not only had sugar cereal but it sometimes came in a box which was weirdly exciting. It was like dessert for breakfast. Of the sweet stuff I remember liking Honey Nut Cheerios the best.
When I was about 14 or 15 my mom decided she wanted to try every cereal in the store and started bringing home all sorts of stuff over the course of about a year. I didn’t like many of them but I loved honey bunches of oats.
I still love a bowl of cereal now and then and oatmeal is still my preferred cold morning breakfast.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the good old white label foods. Lost count of how many knives we broke trying to cut up those cheese bricks.

1 Like

Captain Crunch cause he gave me an Atari 2600!

1 Like