What was your favorite breakfast cereal as a kid?

That Kellogg’s variety pack was the stuff dreams are made of.

That was a no-no in my house. I don’t think I had it as bad as @shigginpit though.

I went through stages of favourites. Did the same with sandwiches.

The first name that happily pops up in my head….

Golden Grahams.

EDIT: Just ate a banging dinner but would eat a whole bowl in a flash!

1 Like

Can’t beat Frosties drenched in ice cold milk - classic.

post a pic of the box, we had frosted flakes but I’m not sure which one frosties is.

There was something similar to a milkshake you could get from a certain fast food chain that was called a frostie though.

In retrospect, was there anything graham about them in the first place? Is there anywhere off an airbase that you can buy breakfast cereal in JP? I can’t imagine it’s going to replace a bowl of gohan in most households lol.

Or perhaps in this usecase it would be kome.

Tony the Tiger….They’re Grrreat!

1 Like

yeah same guy, just a bit of different marketing.

The little boxes at the camp I mentioned were the small variety someone else posted but like these little guys, they used to have a perforation of some sort where you could tear the box open and turn it into a bowl so you could pour your milk straight into the box/bag combo in a pinch. I remember the shock of seeing someone eat them that way.

1 Like

The only thing Graham about them was the name… it is my elder brothers name. He was far from sweet. Especially to me. Hilarious on the other hand but that’s a story for a different thread.

Never been in any airbase shops. They sound pretty good but I guess everything will be too big and too sweet for my liking. Cereals in Japan have gotten better these past 10 years. I no longer fear for a broken tooth when munching on some granola… that is because Kellogg’s now makes some good stuff. I do have American friends out here that simply refuse to eat it. Despite it being the only type of cereal they eat, they can’t justify the cost and would rather go hungry or get something greasy from the combini.

I don’t think Golden Grahams will replace any cereal in any household; unless someone’s willing to devour 15 year old cereal that has been found in a cupboard somewhere lol.

1 Like

I actually rather enjoy some granola if it isn’t too rock hard. Occasionally though you come across that health food store granola that might as well be a bag of gravel clumps with oats. My teeth probably aren’t up to the challenge.

1 Like