Whats going on with Youtube?

No shit? I played in a metal band with a black dude. He loves Pantera, Carcass and Entombed. He was also the only black dude I’ve met playing metal.

I do believe a black hip hop fan has a higher probability of not having heard a classic grindcore or extreme metal album than a white dude, simply due to cultural differences, thus I believe the black dude more when he “reacts” to it supposedly for the first time. If you say that is not the case you’re just delusional.

But you said a Black Hip Hop guy. Thats stereotyping as there are a lot of white Hip hop guys too. You made two generalisations.

Yeah, I’ve watched a video of two black hip hop guys reviewing metal they supposedly hear for the first time. Haven’t seen anything similar from white hip hop guys, self proclaimed or otherwise. I didn’t generalise, those kinds of videos exist and it’s stated in the video name that it’s a hip hop guy reacting to metal. Pretty obvious they’re black, too.

Yes i dislike these videos. But your assuming their actually telling the truth. They may well have heard this stuff before.

I did actually say multiple times that I believe them MORE because metal is such a white genre. I don’t really believe a white guy could grow up never hearing any more extreme metal or hardcore simply because they’re so popular with white people. A black dude on the other hand could, simply because there’s little to no representation of black people in the metal community. I could name half a dozen black musicians playing extreme metal, but they’re really really rare.

Maybe because they are embarrassed to stand up and do it. But they still might like it. Who knows?

Who knows indeed.

Not the norm, but definitely plenty of non-white faces involved in heavy metal. And that goes without mentioning the amount of Latino guys in metal.

I get your point, but I don’t really see it that way. I’ve always seen plenty of black and Asian kids at metal gigs, obviously not the majority, but probably a shit ton more than you’ll see at the average Coldplay gig. I find these videos especially odd given the affinity that hip-hop and metal have had over the years, there’s always been a fair bit of cross pollination between the two…
Like of course Hip hop guys are gonna like metal, have you heard run DMC’s first album? Hard as fuck.

6 Likes

Skunk Anansie isn’t exactly extreme metal, haha, but nice try! I think it kinda shows how few black people there are in metal that you had to include them.

Yeah man, I said I could too name a bunch of black musicians playing extreme metal, like Alex Hellid, Terrence Hobbs from Suffocation, Sepultura etc. but still I believe a black rapper saying he’s never heard metal before more than a white dude claiming the same, which makes a reaction video like that made by a black guy more entertaining than a similar video by a white guy.

Or a 10 year old white girl reacting to Pink Floyd. Many roads lead to Rome.

I did watch one of those kids react to metal videos, a couple of them were kinda funny. But yeah, here we have a couple white guys scolding me for saying someone is black, hah. I kinda doubt the youtubers I’m talking about would take offence since their whole shtick is that they’re black, like hip hop and react to metal. It’s basically a subgenre of reaction videos.

Got.

Its the stereotyping that is constrictive.

You should direct your criticism to the youtubers who are doing the stereotyping, not me dude.

1 Like

I already have believe me.

I believe they have heard the track already in a lot of cases. Its funny how they know when to stop and start the track at each critical moment. Preplanned.

1 Like

It’s a change from watching synthesizer TV shop.

Even more low-quality content. YT trash that is not even remotely funny, random dudes exaggerating their reactions. As fake as can be.

WOW!!! (holds head in disbelief)

FK off!!! Fake as…

What about big boobed / revealingly clothed young female plays drums? You don’t find that entertaining? What about awkward nerd plays guitar really well and yells? Slap like now and subscribe!