Whats going on with Youtube?

I watched MTV religiously when I was a kid, same videos on rotation every day yet I watched it. Whitney Houston I still know the words to, Brandy & Monica bring it on I’ll slay it in karaoke (well, I can only keep 1 note but I remember the words). I’ve been watching music related shit from TV since I was a kid and youtube keeps me entertained when I’m too beat to read or listen to music. Is it fake? Probably yeah, but it’s somewhat entertaining. WatchMojo top 10 one hit wonders from the 90s, sing me up

Well, being the guilty white hetero male, that could raise my interest. For like 5 seconds. Then trash where it belongs.

Have you seen Davie504

2 Likes

I like hydraulic press crushing things. See, to each his own.

2 Likes

I actually used his catchphrase, hah. I have! He’s kind of funny but also I feel old watching his videos, very obviously of a different generation.

I’m all for hydraulic press videos. And general manufacturing videos, there’s nothing like a spaghetti factory.

1 Like

the pencil factory man ! and the toilet paper factory ! Legend.

1 Like

“Most satisfactory industrial machines processes.” Turns out it was a merzbow live. f**ckin clickbait.

1 Like

did you see that merzbow gig with that kid brushing his teeth

1 Like

iu

@ghostbuddy,

Maybe you don’t mean to bring race into it. You could have just complained about fake reaction videos. Or is it just black guys fake reaction videos that bother you?

Or you could complain about reaction videos pitting stereotypes against other stereotypes, and then list off hip hop reactions to metal, hot women playing drums, nerds shredding. It would make sense to be upset by people trying to profit from exaggerated stereotypes.

But you didn’t say that. You said

And

This is generalizing and stereotyping.

Hate the fake reaction videos. Or hate their creators exploiting racial stereotypes for their own profit. Don’t hate on “poor black hip hoppers”. They aren’t the only ones exploiting

2 Likes

For a second I thought you were targetting literally every stand up comedy videos. More YT gems for sure.

• agree *

What? I said I enjoy the videos, not that I don’t enjoy them. How wrong could you read my posts? I said “poor” because, well have you heard old Carcass? Did you even read my posts, or did you just immediately press reply when you read the word “black”?

Yeah fuck Dave Chappelle lol. If you guys don’t like em that’s fine. I won’t hold it against you.

I’ll give many comedians a pass actually. Many tell jokes as a humorous criticism of the system and peoples absurd beliefs.

And very few are using that as an exploit in their titles as clickbait.

Its all in the thumbnail baby.

Are you kidding me? Youtube is full of stand up comedy with similar clickbait titles. White ppl this and black ppl that. Official channels. Their jokes are clickbaits, basically.

Well then fuck them too

1 Like

Fuck youtube period

1 Like

Fuck youtube period

That’s the spirit !

1 Like