Whats going on with Youtube?

No i’m not an expert, not even pretending to be, but from my perspective gangsterism is more a consequence of a political situation than a political program. Now on a personnal standpoint I despise it, I don’t think it’s cool to kill people, I don’t think it’s cool when young rappers get killed, don’t have to be American to understand that, or am I missing something? There are gansters all over the world, and gangsta rap is not only American now, so it’s not a very valid point since they pretty much say the same thing: fuck the cops, live fast die young. (yeah it’s a big cliché, but sadly true nonetheless). As for languages, I speak a few so which one?

Anyone remember youtube before likes and ads?

I do. It was better then.

Youtube wouldn’t be able to afford to exist without ads. The amount of storage is enormous.

Then cull the crap. There is a lot of it.
Simple.

Midi pack, no music theory needed…
I need theory, give me theory!!!

And this guy^… eeeveery day…
2d43ed7180cfed0f6870b4e4cffec6f9--stuffed-fox-stuffed-animals~2

4 Likes

Is that the guy who stuffs a badger with a theremin?

David Cranmer

http://www.nervoussquirrel.com/index.html

2 Likes

Honestly, I think the premium subscription was worth it just to never hear “and it’s perfect”

1 Like

So if you can tell me what social commentary this track is trying to make….

And tracks about a guy shooting you cuz you disrespect him…I don’t think that serves any purpose.

Not like Duran Durans songs have any purpose…the Reflex!? But they don’t make murder a focal point of the music.

I love the Reflex tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

some important things being discussed here, lets continue to talk to each other and not at each other.

2 Likes

Isn’t this more of a horrorcore thing than a gangster rap thing though?

I dunno man…it feels like they ride the coat tails. Try telling that dude he ain’t gansta :rofl:

Adding: I don’t buy sub-sub-sub-sub genres.
It’s an out for disassociation.

Addition to the addition: I remember the days in the record store…yes a store that sold records, looking in the genres…
Electronic, Dance, Pop, Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Country, and Classical.

:slight_smile:

I still categorize that way. :+1:t6:

Horrorcore is a sub sub sub genre, sure. But what differentiates it from other rap is a focus on horror. So it draws as much from that kind of thing thing as anything else. That’s kind of important I don’t think that’s an out. I think this is you just not thinking through your example.

1 Like

No…it’s me not being able to find the shit example I’m looking for.

Some skinny white bitch, flashing a gun, fucked up grill, wife beater talking he’ll kill anyone that looks at him sideways.

Don’t know his name. But that Brotha Lynch Hung track is equally as shit. I shouldn’t say shit…equally unnecessary.

Aye aye Captain! On a funny note, maybe I just didn’t understood there was an actual “gangsta party”?! :thinking:

I’m not black, American or a Gangsta, but to suggest that the genre is lacking in political messaging or ambition is straight up crazy.

Gangsta

Gangsta

Gangsta

Gangsta

If you can’t see a consistent political theme running through these tracks you’re not listening.

6 Likes

actually none of those people are gangsters, but I do understand and agree with your sentiments…

Totally agree with these picks. But there is the next level of harsh for the sake of being harsh gansta

@captain8 agree with that too. BUT they do translate a message, unlike a lot of dipe out there. Power of the internet.

As a non-english native speaker that can’t follow their lyrics without a transcription, these tracks are about sports cars, prostitutes, pimps and drugs. I may be biased though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Public Enemy
Paris
Native Tongue Family
NWA (60%)
Sugar Hill Gang
Eric Sermon
E.P.M.D.

Sorry I can’t list off more contemporary, I’ve fallen off following hip hop closely since the mid 90s

Messages being forwarded from these guys.
making edits cuz stuff keeps popping into the old brain

1 Like

I can totally see them, as again I’m not gonna requote myself: a few are politically motivated, and as for the music I already admitted it is good. I like a good bad guy figure from time to time also. Seeing it as some entertainment, I can get that. Now I maybe biased by my own perspectives on other aspects of it, I frankly admit it.

There was a auto preview thing on TV youtube app yesterday where if a video was selected a 30 second clip would play, today it has gone, weird.

Edit: Just checked settings, it is on but not working.