Whats going on with Youtube?

I didn’t want to name names you know. :innocent:

4 Likes

Maybe start learning blender then?

I know I will never ever model a donut.

7 Likes

My new gripe is this: these YouTubers ruin a perfectly good tutorial or review by cutting away from the piece of gear to their faces. Like, why? No one, I repeat, no one asked for this. Just show the device and talk about what is going on with it. That’s all we need. Or have a little mirror like Cuckoo if you really think it’s important for me to see your smiling face. I like how Loopop does it, no ego involved. I’m starting to unsubscribe from all of these goofballs. Not that they care, they have plenty of subscribers. I used to know Rick Beato pretty well back in the day (he replaced me in a band I quit, and then he recorded one of my bands later that had some of the same members [which he wasn’t happy about because he wasn’t asked to be in it]) and I can’t figure out why he does those dumb clickbait thumbnails. Not that I’ve been able to ask him, he’s much too important to deal with any correspondence from little old insignificant me these days. Okay, rant over. Just remember, if you’re trying to get started being a “synthfluencer,” nobody cares what you look like. It’s weird.

7 Likes

Yes ive noticed Beato’s clickbait getting worse.

2 Likes

I wonder if the YouTube algorithm favours videos with faces in the thumbnail or if it’s just the sheer number of people that click on face thumbnails that boosts the videos? Or both?

I hope there will be a new platform in the near future with less algorithm driven approach. It’s horrible these days in so many ways, not just the recommendations.
It’s just boring and stupid now. I miss the old wild YT very much.

2 Likes

It’s the robots that are jealous of our natural emotions
so they put forward those who over play to disturb us
and annihilate this difference between them and us. Robot bastards!

1 Like

I think the algorithm hates us, and it needs us to hate each other.

8 Likes

Top 10 old YouTube trends :

1. The Scary Maze Game
  2. 2 Girls 1 Cup reaction videos
  3. Sparta remixes
  4. The Gummy Bear Song
  5. Pingas YTPs
  6. Mama Luigi
  7. Annoying Orange
  8. Fred
  9. Numa Numa
  10. Nigahiga
3 Likes

It does. I still think it’s the most ridiculous thing ever though.

1 Like

Seriously, how do you get to the point where you think posting simpering pictures of yourself looking ever so surprised by a red arrow pointing at nothing is going to make people like you?

How much of a mug are people willing to make of themselves in service to this fucking algorithm?

5 Likes

But surely it doesn’t distinguish between a face and a “Whuaaaat?!?!” face? Or does it?

Either it does, or there’s a problem with humanity.

1 Like

Or both…

2 Likes

The reaction stuff is just pure narcissism. I think it’s a horrifying thing that ppl actually watch those videos. Imagine thinking to yourself that “people need to see my reaction to this” hahaha.

3 Likes

I’d always assumed it was an attempt at getting round fair use to play other people’s music without it getting pulled.

1 Like

Seems like validation and attention seeking are the ultimate goals given that most of those ppl have zero interesting things to say about it anyways.
At least the ones I’ve seen have been basically over-reacting and making dumb faces and blabbering on top of it.
Just guessing here really. I don’t know what kind of money they actually make.

1 Like

I agree. It feels narcissistic. Who gives a flying xxxx what you think of Pink Floyd. What amazes me is how they missed these groups. It feels like someone whose been just let out of their bedroom in 30 years

5 Likes

Indeed! Maybe this stuff will come kinda full circle at some point and there will be live interreaction videos in which the reactors just react to each other with zero attempt for direct communication. Only dumb surprised faces to react to the other persons stupid gestures.

3 Likes

Another point is they keep stopping the video every minute or so to explain their feelings. Well i dont know anyone who can stop and start their emotions at the push of button.

1 Like