Whats going on with Youtube?

You’ve not met my wife.

5 Likes

It gets way worse. There are 40+ year old men buying hundreds of toys like Funko pops and soda cans and having “unboxing battles”. They all do the stupid surprised face thing.

I accidentally found this once searching for stuff to buy my little cousin. These guys are old and have walls and walls of toys that they just display. It looks like some kind of compulsive shopping addiction or something. Definitely does not seem healthy.

3 Likes

I was just thinking of adding that then you wrote it.:crazy_face:

1 Like

I think a lot of these people are just doing what they feel they have to do to get paid.

1 Like

Personally I don’t think that’s a good excuse. :slight_smile:

Well, I can see why, Mr. NoPeriodAtEndOfSentance.

j/k

:smile:

My main issue with Beato’s channel are the hundreds of videos about why a particular song is great, where he explains in detail what chords are used, what the melody is and such like but never explains why. Come on, Rick, why isn’t that tough a word to wrap your head around…

1 Like

One of the things that’s been bugging me lately is that I specifically chose not to monetize any of the videos I put up because I didn’t want people to be bugged by ads.

Then, one day, I went to show someone a video on their machine and bam - ads.

So even if I opt not to try and make any money from my videos, YT is still putting in ads without paying the channels for them. Lame.

(Apparently this is a known frustration, but I’m just finding out about it now.)

3 Likes

Yes… One of the reasons why I didn’t want start in this YT jazz

Does Vimeo have ads? I haven’t used it in a while, but I would if it stops ads being delivered on non-monetised videos

And neither has anyone else.

1 Like

I knew something along those lines was coming from you. Thank you for delivering that.

1 Like

Oh no.

I’ve become predictable.

Time for a new personality.

2 Likes

We expect but we don’t know what form it will take. That’s the beauty of @Fin25 posts. :black_heart:

1 Like

Vimeos okay. I use it for Video on Demand

1 Like

It seems like the Tiktok culture and what have you have leaked into Youtube over time, making it not only acceptable but financially beneficial to turn yourself into an idiot just to share it.

2 Likes

bitter, cynical, cutting, honest. always enjoy them mostly for the raw honesty.

1 Like

if it’s longer than 15 seconds i just haven’t got time for it man. life’s too short for longform content.

Yeah, and all that thinking that is required too!!