What's next for Elektron?

If those nasty bugs in midi implementations will feed into a tracker: no thanks.

1 Like

Daw=0% FUN

3 Likes

depending on how much you have to touch the mouse and keyboard

2 Likes

Like a sequencer that can work closely with Ableton maybe like the MPC live/ Akai Force. It can be stand alone or Ableton controller.

If you look like Elektron from the beginning, why ask for a daw knowing that overbridge does the work! your ā€˜reduced overbridge ideaā€™, because overbridge applies mixer and / effect, juggling with a set up !!!:sweat_smile:

Ask for useful material to develop the fleet, then elektron will follow with daw, adapting it to future products.

Been with elektron a long time (Monomachine mki), and Iā€™m not asking them to do a DAW, I personally wouldnā€™t want it. Iā€™m commenting on the fact that even though the concept would probably be awesome, I doubt they could execute. This is shown by their software track record.

An all fx box modeled after the Monomachine with updated fx algos and multiple inputs would be my wish.

2 Likes

A machinedrum mk3 with a bit more memory and 16 bit samples and probably a third lfo per track ?:open_mouth:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got the Rytm mk2 itā€™s never frozen on me.
Why wait? 3 year warranty
Brilliant drum machine imo

1 Like

Dan do you start with the Rhythm to create tracks. Seems the likliest method with the Elektrons.

Thatā€™s exactly what I was working on last night Iā€™ve got a drum track half doneā€¦
Seems to be a good way to start with the Rytm for sure

yeah. also my greatest wish :slight_smile: maybe also with a digitakt like sampling engine and a few soft pads for finger drummingā€¦

1 Like

Imagine something liek a midi-controller in form of digitakt or digitone. :smiley:
or even all reincanations of older gear as plugins in the host with respective physical high quality metal build Elektron controllers. Unlimited LFOs in the DAW and routings between different soudn modules etc.
:smiley:

2 Likes

has there ever been an iOS-programmer vacancy at elektron?
this might be interesting for all boxes now.

2 Likes

Given their history of doing tie-ins and cross-promotions with Ableton Live and Bitwig, I canā€™t see Elektron making a DAW.

Every time I check, it just says send us an email if you have an interest in working for us, etc etc. Give it a go if you know what youā€™re doing for iOS :ok_hand:

but I am a psychologist :slight_smile:
just think that ā€˜next for elektronā€™ might be something on IOS. Will fit perfectly to Heat update, send midi in ar a4.
Is A4 class complient now? or ar?

1 Like

Haha. It would be awesome to be able to run Overbridge with its basic recorder on an iPad for one device at a time. Just a quick way to have a big(ger) screen for all the parameters. I find OB great for navigating A4 for example, but thatā€™s not class compliant

Then make it a virtual instrument with hardwar econtroller for DAWs :slight_smile:

For us who do not have Iā€™mac/apple
:wink::sweat_smile: :smiley:

Multi elektron owner - but Iā€™d buy one more:
A full (OT) or half (DN) size box with all the sequencing tricks and as a synth engine: a multitrack tweakable rompler.

Per track, load up to 4 source (user) wav tones, mix, apply subtractive synthesis, mix. Decent polyphony.
Maybe 4 tracks?

Well within elektron technical capabilities. Seems like a no brainer vs recent Roland enthusiasm but much more open for user tones.

2 Likes