What's next for Elektron?

They already did it!

5 Likes

Shhhh!!!

1 Like

ha, yes, the ironyā€¦ still ā€¦ why not?

I want to mangle some pan pipe, p-lock a banjo, micro-stutter an oboeā€¦

If elektron can embrace Lionel Richieā€™s FM piano, they can embrace a good rompler.

And - Iā€™m serious - whatā€™s not to like about a 2020-level elektron box with full sequencing chops and a PCM based 4 or 8 track, wide polyphony multi-timbral subtractive synth model?

6 Likes

Grab a Proteus 2000 family member. Hook up to your Octatrack. Get the best of both worlds. Elektron sequencing and E-Mu synth engine.

6 Likes

Sounds to me like a Monomachine with the addition of the modern seq (microfilming, trig conditions), and some polyphony that doesnā€™t sacrifice track count.

Iā€™m all for a MM MK3

8 Likes

Itā€™s the next big town on the elektron road. Wherever else could they go?
Omnisphere meets MNM in elektron hardware.

They are definitely cooking up something (full size) astounding - Iā€™d say it is already built and being tested ā€¦

1 Like

Totally agree that an Elektron rompler in Digi format would be awesome. It should be able to load SoundFont files. I imagine realistic pianos with effects to make them sound lofi like a tape left out on the sun or a dusty vinyl.

2 Likes

What I really like to see is some kind of ChipModular machine with Elektron sequencing combined with the user interface of the Hartmann Neuron

So a lot of joysticks and wheels and modular set-up like the Nord Modular. By the way Overbridge makes a lot of sense on these building blocks. All this in collaboration with Plogue https://www.plogue.com

5 Likes

this would be cool, plogue is amazing!

8-track unified all-in-one Elektron flagship box called: Elektron One

allow users to freely assign any of the machines/engines below to each track:

• subtractive analog synth engine like A4 with the option to select additional digital wave shapes for the oscillator(s) and LFOs.

• FM synth engine

• Wavetable (scanning/morphing) synth engine

• two Drum engines (fully analog and hybrid)

• Sampler/Sample Playback/Mangler with built-in mic and FM radio

• multi fx engine (delay, reverb, distortion, bitcrush, plethora of digital effects)

compressor + EQ per track.
no overbridge

I prefer this than having 3-5 separate physical elektron boxes and various effect units taking too much physical space with overlapping specs, and donā€™t care for physical drum pads (like in Rytm)

each engine is a high level abstraction that can be developed/maintained separately. new fx algorithms and other engines may be added over time, including through paid upgrade.

price it at a bit over 2.5x of OT or whatever.

hire @defenestration to lead the design team.

12 Likes

A DigiDoggo, a dog in the Digitakt format.

6 Likes

I like this way of thinking :upside_down_face::+1:t3:

1 Like

NO!

A bit boring, sounds like a Korg, Roland & Yamaha product.

3 Likes

Itā€™s probably been said before, but a new Machinedrum in AR mk2 hardware format. With sampler functionality etc., also Overbridge support. I would buy that immediately.

3 Likes

no defenes

Modern digital drum machine on todayā€™s quality of algorithms and also independent loop recorders that can assigner to a track something like on the Soma Pulsar 23.
https://somasynths.com/pulsar-23/

UI must be next level, so if the loop recorders are under control like the Monome Arc we really have something special truly independent.

6 Likes

With Monome, everything is next level, including price ! :smiley:

7 Likes

Idk seems like OT might be heading towards legacy territoryā€¦ I could be completely wrong of course. If so Iā€™d love to see a polyphonic sampler based on the OT with full polyphonic (at least 8 voices per track) midi sequencing capabilities to rival something like the squarpā€¦ although it seems to me Elektron has a complicated relationship with midi (even after this weekā€™s updates to the analogs). Available in both box and keyboard form from the go.

2 Likes

Indeed but it keeps the creative mind busy :smiley:
What about the Motor Synth under Monome Arc control :nerd_face:

New approaches of UI is always getting my attention.

2 Likes