What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

May I ask where you got it that cheap? If they’ve gotten the bugs ironed out with firmware updates that sounds like a great deal.

Ssl flexverb

Not because I need it or that it will give me something I don’t have yet. But it seems like a nice tool for drum bus or vocals.

1 Like

I’ve bought a few things in the last 4 months. I’ve been stressed out and busy so I haven’t had a chance to use any of it until now.

A jbl sub for my studio, a minifreak, a fender duo sonic player, isp decimator and bogner Harlow for my pedal board, a Waldorf blofeld and a syntakt. I also bought wall hangers for my guitars.

Went through a long drawn out breakup and I tend to buy myself stuff to cheer myself up. I finally have my house back to myself and am able to enjoy it all.

24 Likes

First non-Make Noise module in my Shared System. Really digging this one, as the SS is a bit short on (bi-polar) lfo’s :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This is an upgrade from a TR-8S.

Love the TR style sequencing, but couldn’t get on with the awkward menu for shaping the sounds so everything ended up sounding flat or the menu swallowed the evening or killed the vibe.

Hoping this will give a better balance.

23 Likes

Nice workspace :+1:

2 Likes

For tracking and mixing building a new hybrid set up for recording

22 Likes
3 Likes

What stand are the digi/ syntakt on? They seem at a good angle.

You are going to have to ask @ManMadeDisaster as that’s his studio pic

Whoops. Replied to the wrong guy.

Wearson WS-03A Adjustable LCD TV… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XUF2GBI?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They are very sturdy and heavy.

1 Like

I love my Duo-Sonic but unless they’ve updated the three way switches since 2018 you’ll wanna replace that sooner than later. I hope you dig it!!

2 Likes

I noticed that switch is kinda crappy. Replacing it will be no problem. I do love that guitar.

2 Likes

Got the Buchla LEM218v3 to control the Easel Command.

Also exchanged the Syntakt for a Digitone Keys, considering space usage I should have gone for a regular Digitone instead :sweat_smile:.

26 Likes

Space aside, if you start using some of the features unique to the keys, I think you’ll come to appreciate them.

Individual outs, being able to tap a chord into a step with a single press, extra physical controls. It’s an incredible synth. The desktop is too, but the keys REALLY opens it up.

5 Likes

My only real caveat is that I have a variable desk, there I have synths, monitors and laptop and I can’t make the Digitone Keys fit without moving stuff around. To avoid hassle, I need a stand on the side where I can also switch between sitting and standing position :sob:

1 Like

I had a Digitone in the past and the Keys, wheels and extra encoders make things even better. I’ll try to figure something out before giving up haha

1 Like

The latest in my seemingly never-ending acquisition of modulation effects, The Beetronics Sea Bee. The chorus is… fine. Kinda metallic and thin, but it goes into near audio rates which is interesting. The harmonizer mode seems like it’s cool as shit but it’s gonna take me a while to figure out - it makes arpeggios and patterns by shifting the delay time slightly. It’s shockingly musical.

6 Likes

Passive ground loop isolator

Intention: reduce noise between the Nintendo Switch and MOTU M4. (status: success!)

6 Likes