What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Not glamorous, but I’m sure they’ll be of use.

Intentions: connect some isht to some other isht.

11 Likes

These club kid skillz still come in handy. I wasn’t leaving w/o getting backstage……

9 Likes

I somehow won a cheap auction from Japan the other night.

43 Likes

Wow, that looks clean. Congrats!

3 Likes

congratulations on a fantastic instrument.
now go buy some voice chips so you’re ready for when they fail

:star_struck:

I just love that colour scheme. :grin:

28 Likes

way to rain on someone’s parade :+1:

I’m guessing @Muu knows about the chip issue, like any other prospective 106 purchaser. and how do you know it wasn’t repaired before sale?

1 Like

From the description the seller provided it sounded like they didn’t know anything about the synth. Maybe it was in storage for a long time? Who knows, but since it was only 1000usd I don’t feel bad about having to replace some things.

2 Likes

OK in that case I take it back… you may want to research replacing some chips. my experience is that vintage synth sales of that nature end up needing a bit of TLC. but you’re right: even after replacing chips, you should still come out ahead, versus what these typically go for.

I think for replacement chips, the go-to sources these days are Analogue Renaissance and Double Heart Audio.

1 Like

Look how blue those buttons are! Amazing. Most examples have discoloured (mine included).

It’s a joyous synth. Well done!

I got the Analogue Renaissance ones for mine - both oscillators and filters. Prettiest circuit boards I ever saw.

Worth running some tests:

2 Likes

Bought from @pmags at an unbelievably good price. It’s the second time I have owned one. When I first bought it, I thought it would be a shortcut to making interesting chord progressions. It didn’t do that. In fact, I think that’s a terrible way to view this thing. After I sold it I put a bit of work into actually learning how music works, and it feels like the NDLR has opened up to me in a new way this time around.

The buttons still feel cheap, but it’s an absolute joy to play with. I’m still dealing with some tendon issues, and being able to play complex sequences without having to push keys or twist difficult knobs is a godsend. I sequenced a nice arpy thing yesterday with the Peak and T5, and pro-3 doing a bass drone. Would recommend.

9 Likes

I still love mine very much!

4 Likes

Really digging the OpSix! I love my DN but this feels really immediate. Having fun with init patches and tweaking a few presets

19 Likes

Interesting. Mine is mostly used for chord progressions and that all I look at it as.

Yeah, that’s likely how I’m going to be using it for the most part as well. But the first time I owned it, when I hadn’t put any effort into studying theory, it didn’t really help me much. Now that I know a bit more about what I’m doing on a technical level, it seems like a much more useful tool.

A friend just sold me his TG77. Needs a bit of TLC. I’ve owned one in the past and really liked it.

14 Likes
6 Likes

I’m pretty sure we’ve discussed this previously, but a new LED-backlit screen will dramatically improve your TG77 experience.

DM me if you need help finding the detailed install guides.

7 Likes

Cool, will do! Thanks!

2 Likes