What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

That looks as if it has been frozen in stasis for 35 years. Beautiful.

3 Likes

Melda mrhythmitizer
Plan is to add little bits of interest to tracks and arrangements. The price is good and the features are too. I also like the gui of melda plugins.

I bought this because I canā€™t get my stutteredit mk1 to work on my m1 mac

4 Likes

Yeah itā€™s cosmetically beautiful. Itā€™s obviously never been serviced, though. It turns on and everything but I need two sliders reattached/voice checks/etc

1 Like

I wanna know how you guys find old gear that looks so good. Any ā€˜vintageā€™ stuff Iā€™ve gotten has been in really ruff shape. :thinking:

The 106 I had had 4 dead voice chips. It cost me more to fix than I got it for at the time.

Iā€™m probably the unluckiest second hand shopper of all time.

2 Likes

Just bought the SP-404 MKII as it seems quite a flexible device.

Intentions:

• Making some collages using some of my older recordings made with different devices. I have thousands of sketches. Itā€™s a bit unfair that theyā€™re just sitting there.

• No-input feedback fun. No rules, just tweaking, resampling, developing them furtherā€¦etc.

• Using a synth (nowadays only Serge) as external source, recording some parts of a patch and developing them, layering and arranging them. I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll use the effects for this one as I like the clean sound of the Serge. I havenā€™t played the SP-404 yet. But I want to send the audio back to the Serge to process the SP-404.

• Feedback experiments with OT by making them record each other. Iā€™d also use scenes on OT, effects on SP-404.

• Using it with Drambo or any fm synth that I can control with my OT which can also send some cc messages to SP-404.

• Using it like a reel-to-reel with a contact mic and objects.

Iā€™ll try all these ideas. I really like that there are a lot of different possibilities with this limited device.

12 Likes

Let me know you are getting on with it

I was thinking to get the same device but not 100% convinvced it is for me

1 Like

Just bought Utopia from NI.

Also a couple footwork sample packs from Ghost Syndicate.

And I bought Matt Johnsonā€™s, from Jamiroquai, Prophet 6 patches.

Also Ruff and Rugged DnB sample pack from Stranjah.

3 Likes

Very cool!!!

Iā€™m actually designing some inductor based LC Tank drum circuits for a project Iā€™m doing in the near future. Absolutely love those sounds!

7 Likes

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll build you one once Iā€™m clear of the backlog.

Itā€™ll be some of the pingier ones like rim shot, clave, etc. Those will then be selectable sources (aside from external inputs and mod sources) to then go through a real transformer based ring mod. Then a last section that ties it all together, but canā€™t talk about that part yet. :smiley:

Basically early skinny puppy pings and such in a box is what Iā€™m going for. (like from the slower instrumental tracks)

5 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Was in an accident a month ago and need a lot of dental work done. Got an Amex Gold for the points and will pay it back with my savings. Trouble is my dental work wonā€™t cost enough in these first three months to get the welcome bonus so I had to:

Tiptop Wayout8
Ritual Electronics Miasma
Tip Top Trigger Riot
Qu-Bit Data Bender
Noise Engineering Viol Ruina
Cosmotronic Cosmix Pro
Endorphin.es Queen of Pentacles
Oxi Coral
Bastl Aikido
Endorphin.es Ghost

Ohā€¦and a Squarp Hapax.

That should do right?

Will Take pictures when my doorstep is flooded with cardboard boxes (Iā€™m off work this week and son is at nursery).

3 Likes

Learning the Cirklon. A few banging my head against the wall moments (user error) but think getting the basics down today.

15 Likes

Model 1.4
Went with the 4, not the 6ā€¦ hope I wonā€™t regret it.
Trying to keep everything down to one rack case and what fits on a 1800mmx600mm table.

14 Likes

I just got my brand new Midicake ARP !
My intention is to start to work on a new project.
I want to change the genre of music I make. I want to do more synth arpeggio evolving patterns. I usually make hiphop, but I feel a bit bored of this music right now.
My setup for this project is Digitakt -> ARP -> PERfourMER.
The ARP will take care of missing midi sequencing features of DT.
The DT will take care of missing FXs of the PERfourMER.

I hope I will enjoy this new setup and project, very excited about starting it ! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Iā€™ve never heard of it. In the same line as the NDLR. I would really like to hear what youā€™ll do with it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I googled Midi arp hardware and I found it. Itā€™s very new (June 22 I thinks for the first batch). The second batch started this february, so not many ppl have tested it yet.
I liked the fact itā€™s parameter wise and there is no random. If you like the pattern you can remake it.
From what I understood, you program a set of parameters and the ARP create the pattern from theses parameters.
The parameters modulations looks crazy, You can even modulate the midi channel by an LFO! (I already see the potential with the PERfourMER)
I will post in a separate thread a kind of review when I will test it more deeply.

1 Like

no new gear but I did get a new Fonik stand for my boutique roland synths after the cheap one was wearing out. Fonik makes nice stands! I have a couple for my Elektrons and they blow away the other brands I have tried. Now if I can get a custom one made for my Virus TI2 keyboard.

11 Likes

My new Beetronics Sea Bee pedal just came in. I bought it partly because I own all of the other pedals Beetronics makes and absolutely love them, but also because I donā€™t really have a nice chorus pedal. Plus like most of their other stuff, on top of the classic chorus-y stuff that everyone knows they get real weird.

My intention is to pretty much use it on anything that I can to see how it sounds. You can adjust the lvl for guitar or line so it works with synths and whatnot.

The two aspects of this pedal that intrigue me the most is its ā€œrampā€ function which is activated by holding the left foorswitch down/releasing it. There are three ramp curves and they all respond quite differently. Its difficult to explain what it does, but esentially it activates an envelope that is used to modulate some parameter or parameters of the effect.

Second is the psudo-arpeggiator/randomizer mode on the harmo-chorus side of the pedal. I honestly am still figuring it out, but its weird and wild, just the way I like things :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Just bought air drumsynth. As I have momentarily downsized my setup for a while I think itā€™s a good idea to have a drumcomputerish vst itb for when I canā€™t hookup gear and want to get going fast. For the price Iā€™ll take the risk with air.

3 Likes