What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Incoming:

Intention: to synthesise (in a minimalistic style).

37 Likes

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually use ramp, for some reason it just breaks my brain.

I also canā€™t find a way to use this musically, but itā€™s really fun to play with. It seems to work best on ā€œthinā€ or atonal sounds.

2 Likes

what I have been doing with the ramp is using as kinda like a musical ā€œemphasisā€ on single notes or chords that I let ring out for a while. I like the middle position because it will open the ramp when you hold the footswitch down and stay at its peak value once it hits it until you de-activate the ramp, then it does it release and settles back down. I had to mess with the ramp rate quite a bit to dial it in, but its actually pretty cool. I think of it like a triggered modulation envelope on a synth!

As for the arp modeā€¦still 0 clue whats going on. All I know is that the best results have been from slow picking of simple riffs and just letting it kind of do its thing. Im sure Im not doing something right or just havent dialed it in for yet.

I will say though, all of the weird things that it does aside, it is a really soild bucked brigade type chorus and on the setting for that purpose it sounds really great

2 Likes

Congratulations. Itā€™s an absolute classic and for good reason.

3 Likes

Youā€™re absolutely right. This with an RE-201 and I think I might spontaneously combust with an overdose of sonic love. :heart_eyes:

Iā€™m not collecting it for another week yet.

Must. Stay. Calm.

3 Likes

You are not wrong.

2 Likes

Iā€™d better book an ambulance to be on standby then.

2 Likes

Just take it slowly and keep a whisk broom and dustpan nearby to collect the ashes that used to be you.

2 Likes

And increase the life-insurance.

1 Like

Thanks for posting about this device. I just bought one. The dealmaker was that you can replace all the built-in chords with user chords, otherwise no dice. They say theyā€™re still developing the firmware, so thatā€™s something to look forward to. It would be nice to divide the beat by other numbers than 2 (and one 3).

1 Like

The Arturia Rackbrute case arrived today! :grinning:

My intention is put away the Rackbrutes without scuffing things up and have less cat hair on the modules when I open it back up!

IMG_7100

10 Likes

Iā€™ve made a few purchases this year, all of them are in this picture:

Hydrasynth Explorer - Iā€™ve been singing its praises in the main Hydrasynth thread but I couldnā€™t be happier with this one. Feels great to play, can make any sound I want it to, and itā€™s my go-to keyboard controller now.

Nerdseq sequencer and MIDI expander - I wanted a way to program more precise ideas in modular, and although Iā€™d never really used a tracker before, I fell in love with the workflow right away. Itā€™s extremely satisfying and I just want to give it more and more things to sequence.

Erica Synths Sample Drum - Like I said, I want to give Nerdseq fun things to sequence, and this seemed like an obvious choice. Itā€™s basically 2 Digitakt channels in a module. Super easy to program beats and channel my inner Aphex.

My goal for this year is to sell more than I buy. So far Iā€™m in the green (RIP my Heat and Rytm) but I expect more buying/selling to transpire. I made my first trade as well which was awesome, really nice to come home with some new gear without exchanging any dollars (RIP my Lyra).

18 Likes

Nice. Iā€™ve been meaning to get the bag. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Well sheeeiiiiiittttttttttt. You didnā€™t think I was gonna just sit around and let yaā€™ll have all the fun did you?
It should be here Thursday, supposedly that is. Two left at Sweetwater.

14 Likes

Yep, itā€™s very new and there are already lot of firmware update. I think itā€™s actively developped and we can expect some new features quickly.

1 Like

Going to be a fun day:

20 Likes

46 Likes

Wanted to let everybody know, that air drumsynth is not worth it. Might use the kick here or there, the rest is not so good imo

5 Likes

I take back what I said

16 Likes

I canā€™t seem to find the hotline for addiction. Give me one second. I got you.

4 Likes