What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Addiction? That’s a full blown overdose :joy:

4 Likes

Whats the synth and gear equivalent to Narcan?

1 Like

A credit card statement?

Scared straight!

5 Likes

Looks like fun in my book!

1 Like

I’ve purchased some cool stuff for myself recently like a Furthrrrr Generator, STO, SPD-SX Pro, and lots of software but the most exciting recent purchase is what my fiancé bought for herself. We took a weekend trip to Portland, went to Control Voltage, and she wanted to get an OP1 Field. All her idea.

I’m so proud 🥹

39 Likes

I dare not comment on the subject of gear addiction. Instead I’ll show you my latest acquisition, a vintage Moog 1125 (the purchase of which may itself be a rather pointed statement on the subject).

Moog’s early instruments lacked sample & hold functions. This includes the modular systems, Minimoog, Sonic Six, etc. Possibly prompted by the success of ARP’s instruments (which did have S&H circuits), Moog eventually produced an independent accessory (the 1125), and a module (the 928).

I intend to use it with my Moogs to make bleep bloop noises that could have been made by sticking about $10 worth of components on a breadboard. :blush:

25 Likes

This guy. I was going to link you to the $10,000 duel Moog sequencers over on Sweetwater, but…
a) didn’t want to be a bad influence
b) figured you already have them

Seeing this, I’d say that “b” is probably true.

2 Likes

And you would be correct, sir. :blush:

28 Likes

I can stop any time I like. Give me my keys back!!!

9 Likes

I’ve got nowhere near as beautiful a system, but at least I can say I use the same Gladiator workbench for my gear setup as @Scot_Solida ! :wink:

5 Likes

Lol. I’ve still got intuition, yeaaahhhhh.
Further lol, zoomed in and all along the wall its hit after hit after hit. You’ve got more wealth on that single side of the wall than 35% of the world’s countries.

Haha didn’t even see the 3A in the fore ground. God is that you? Is this Heaven?

1 Like

I bought three other workbenches from different manufacturers and none were in the same league as that gladiator. By way of example, here’s a photo showing the screws supplied by two different manufacturers to secure the bench top. The one on the left is from the Gladiator, the one on the right is used by at least two of the other manufacturers:

9 Likes

My experience as well. I’ve got 'em in both my garage (real workbench duty) and studio/office (workspace for synth noodling)

And they’re actually quite affordable as far as hardwood workbenches go, especially as you can frequently get them on sale.

1 Like

19 Likes

Bitwig is great so far (coming von Live Suite) :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Veils clone for VCA duties, Pico Input for processing external audio, STO for another voice (black face plate from Analogue Haven) and I’m trying out these right angled patch cables from Modbap.

Feels a bit like Christmas today… It’s rare that everything arrives at once from different vendors (ahead of schedule for Elevator Sound - nice hand written note too).

6 Likes

Lol, Korg sparring no expense to ship me the SQ64.
I’m getting last day on the job, “fuck it” vibes.

9 Likes

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Haha, mine was in a similarly sized box but didn’t even have bubble wrap!

1 Like

So I did get deluxe packaging. I guess I can’t gripe.

Side note- I just want those who’ve noticed that my fat ass fingers mixed with the small keyboard on a phone screen are the cause for 85% of my grammatical errors. The other 15% is just because I’m duh duh.

3 Likes