What's your TECHNO setup

Those are really interesting !

My techno setup is basically my modular. Mostly Verbos modules with a few other sprinkled on top. Erica Drum Sequencer and WMD Performance Mixer at the heart. 15u but it also works with a little 62hp palette while I’m away. But I like big modules with big knobs. Also of note a H9, a Space and a Jomox T-Res. I have a Lyra 8 but I very seldom use it. I really like it though, so I have a hard time selling it; it’s just less immediate that the modular.

13 Likes

Any tunes from this setup yet? I’m interested in hearing what you can come up with.

1 Like

Any idea why is he going from the Leploop v2 mix out into a y adapter cable and then 2x into the OT?

3 Likes

Some kind of fake stereo-trick?

1 Like

Because he hasn’t figured out you can choose a mono input for a thru machine :wink:

5 Likes

Wot, almost 3 minutes of the OT running and not a single scene change? That’s just unprofessional!

3 Likes

Been focussing on making full tracks for a long time and just recently decided to try and make more techno (sets). Literally working on the first one, with a rather sparse setup.
Just bought my first small mixer and that really makes a difference. Never grasped the idea before that a mixer is also a performance tool!

23 Likes

That’s a great compact techno setup. You’ll get a lot from approaching a mixer as an instrument.

4 Likes

The entire history of dub is based on that idea :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Also, your thinking of techno in terms of sets rather than tracks is very true to form, really gets to the essence of techno.

6 Likes

Maybe I’ll invent an entire new genre :wink:

3 Likes

At first, I thought it could be something along those lines, but as far as I’m aware, there’s no reason to go from a mono source into the OT with a y-splitter cable. You can have as many thru machines as you want, all with the same mono source input. Same with track recorders…

Or maybe he’s just trolling hear nerds like myself^^ :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi Adam, how the micro limiter compares to the RNC+Bass EQ pedal combo ? Always like to minimize devices and cables.

Good enough for me to use one instead of the other. But noisier.

1 Like

Here’s my techno setup:

15 Likes

An sp404 and a couple cell phone apps

4 Likes

How you getting on with the techno system?
I’m thinking about selling a kidney.

3 Likes

Looks like you have to sell it :). TS is a blast on its own, but then prepare to sell you other kidney to buy some more Modules to accompany your TS.

Sold nearly everything else, never looked back!

1 Like

It seems like a really good cure for GAS to lust after something I can’t afford and will take about 2 years to save up for.
Looks evil though.

3 Likes

@Geneoart

A DFAM or two :upside_down_face:

Just moved in. But these are my go-to machines.

13 Likes