What's your TECHNO setup

Tuck in Techno. My son, is sleeping right behind me.

16 Likes

How do you find the Equators?

Whevener a second hand Typhon is available somewhere, I’m gonna try something with it, a Digitone and a M:S

They are quite good, I’d say that they are easy on the ear, not overly bright or too mid range emphasised like some in this size/price range.

The reason I have the iLouds as well is because the D5s are not so great at lower listening levels, the iLouds are good at low to mid listening levels so between them I have a fairly good approximation of what is going on.

The D5s give a good overall picture when listening at moderate levels, that seems to be where their sweet spot is as you’d expect, so since the room is pretty small I rarely listen above 74db.

Last night I tried just DN and Nord Lead A1R. Super sparse setup but great fun and very capable.

I’ve been using the four DN MIDI tracks to sequence the A1R but could also use my DT MIDI tracks for more LFOs etc.

I’m thinking of making a little angled desktop rack stand with DT & DN below and the A1R above. The only issue here is that because DT cannot monitor the inputs in stereo I’ll still need a little mixer, otherwise it would be A1R to DN to DT and would be easy to sample.

3 Likes

That’s a mighty tasty techno setup. Can’t wait to hear what you cook up.

2 Likes

Tonight’s setup

32 Likes

DT arrived early this morning. Still have M:S which I’ll (probably) sell. Happy I got it working with DN as master (so I can use DN master FX) but then DN>DT as well as master out so I can sample the DN and resample DT via DN master FX without touching the laptop.

Bitwig>DN>DT midi over usb>then 5 pin. It just worked as I’d hoped 1st time. All while being able to use OB.

download

4 Likes

I am not doing techno since I left Berlin :pensive: but at that time I put these machines for live sessions:
Machinedrum(non UW) + Monomachine + Megazwerg + Kaoss Pad 3
Sometimes I was processing some of the individual MD output thru Ableton.
Now I sold everything of the list above, switched to DT+DN and modular and I am more into experimental or broken beat stuff…

2 Likes

It’s crazy when you think of the cost of gear and add it all up, I mean just on that table is close to £5000 !!!

3 Likes

Could get a brand new vespa for less. Or five thousand packets of gummy bears.

3 Likes

I am always amazed how many of our fellow forum members have studios/gear worth a nice second hand car (and sometimes a brand new Mercedes). Not being judgemental at all, by the way. But often wondering and curious how people pay for all that jewelry.

(I got a well paid job myself and no kids, so maybe it’s about priorities. Haven’t figured it out yet.)

4 Likes

My studio gear is worth a lot more than my car :joy:
cars depreciate so much I think music gear has better resale value…
and I get more enjoyment out of music gear than wasting money on cars
I’ve already done that…

15 Likes

Royalty payments and other work plus the odd free synths for sound design work whether it be hardware or software. Iv’e cut down a lot lately tho. Think my car is worth way more than my studio gear tho.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s insane. That stuff is all new in the last two months. And I still have a Fantom8, DeepMind 12d, Sirin, StudioLive 32sc, mpc live, OP-Z, mc101, linnstrument, even tide eclipse, and all the cables in the world. So that’s what, another 14k+? I’m not even very good :joy:. Just overly impulsive with some formerly expendable income. Which reminds me, I need to sell some stuff.

5 Likes

Also age, really. You can accumulate a lot over the span of decades :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Exactly. I started buying and trading gear around 2000. Ample time to collect a nice studio without spending fortunes at a time.

3 Likes

Selling one.

and I mean not the Kidney :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you’re still selling it in about 18 months we’ll talk.

Unless you want a kidney?

1 Like

:smiley: At the moment I still have two (kidneys), but who know what the future brings.

4 Likes