What's your TECHNO setup

that’s the spirit!

4 Likes

I would LOVE to have an A1R in my setup… hard to find.

1 Like

Accumulate tons of cheap kit over time, slowly sell it off to put towards bigger, better, more expensive items.

Not that i have a particularly “expensive” studio, but i’ve had time to funnel mistakes, stopgaps, and things that just didn’t work into things i want.

If anything, just to clear up space in the spare bedroom so houseguests aren’t tied up in wires :smiley:

5 Likes

I prefer nylon rope and gaffer tape anyway.

1 Like

I’d never had a Nord synth before but always wanted one too. I was just in the right place at the right time with my A1r.

After watching the @ylva video with Octatrack and NL2X I started looking on the various sites and found it, and for what I now realise was a very nice price.

I’ve been using it with the DN and also a NDLR, both are inspiring in their own ways and great fun. My only issue so far is with the DN and it’s lack of MIDI arp, makes me want another Octatrack mkII.

2 Likes

I can guarantee my bleeps n bloops aren’t my spouse’s kink and they’ll kinkshame me about this use of my time at the drop of a hat :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Talking of kink and bedrooms…here’s kink in his bedroom.

Always very inspired by how much he gets out of his live setups. It’s always good when lusting after this or that bit of expensive bullshit to watch stuff like this and realise I’ve already got everything I need to make bangers (except talent).

He’s really becoming to the TR8 what Jeff Mills is to the 909.

16 Likes

You wouldn’t let something like money get in the way of your obsession

3 Likes

Amen to that^^haha :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I can just imagine my wife’s reaction if I asked if I could spend £2000 on an Iridium, it would be no chance, can’t you get by with one of those Akai Timbre Wolfs :grinning:

4 Likes

The benefits of divorce :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think I’d take the timbre wolf rather than a divorce, and get Akai Dan to show me how it works :grinning:

6 Likes

I totally understand explaining purchasing with the wife. I just recently purchased the Iridium but I did promise to not get any new gear for the next two years. Mind you this is after selling off quite a bit of gear to fund the purchase in the first place. That being said my wife is into gadgets and electronics as much as me so I consider myself lucky but hey that’s why we’re married. :cool:

2 Likes

Yuppppp, cigar box two string guitarists can smoke me in technique and musicality any day.

So what’s my problem? :slight_smile:

Sitting here adding rack synths to the new 6+4U angled rack, waiting for bass station rack and a couple of compressors etc

4 Likes

I feel like at 0.37 when he brings the cymbals and kick in he’s goinhg to knock over the table :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That stand is definitely wobblier than it should be.

My current mess… set it up for testing, because we go on vacation in a few weeks and I wanted to make sure, everything is working together, and now I need to live with the mess, because I directly started with a track on it, that I want to finish, before I rip it apart to take it with me .)

Plan is to get at least 3 songs done, for a little „Techno in Denmark“ EP ,)

That’s Hydrasynth and TB-3 as Soundengine, Deluge for Sequencing and maybe also some sounds, Blackbox for Sampling and Mangeling, the small mixer for mixing and a RK06 For Midi stuff.
I will record with a Tascam Fieldrecorder and Master on IPad.

7 Likes

Thats a lot of stuff to take on vacay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is great. I love how he keeps gently patting / touching the TR8 after ramming a bunch of buttons, as if to tell it things will be allright

3 Likes