When and how much?

Yay! I’m so excited! So this is going to be my fifth Elektron machine then. Now I need a bigger table.

Elektron - I love you!

Not necessarily. 8 voices like the A4. No key bed. Its unlikely that it’ll have analog inputs for sampling so no costs there. Probably no MIDI i/o beyond clock. Maybe it involves no new significant R+D spend beyond the pads, making it around the same price as an A4?

Not necessarily. 8 voices like the A4. No key bed. Its unlikely that it’ll have analog inputs for sampling so no costs there. Probably no MIDI i/o beyond clock. Maybe it involves no new significant R+D spend beyond the pads, making it around the same price as an A4?[/quote]
Guaranteed it sends triggers/CVs…

Not necessarily. 8 voices like the A4. No key bed. Its unlikely that it’ll have analog inputs for sampling so no costs there. Probably no MIDI i/o beyond clock. Maybe it involves no new significant R+D spend beyond the pads, making it around the same price as an A4?[/quote]
Guaranteed it sends triggers/CVs…[/quote]
I agree but I can’t see it having any significant MIDI implementation. I think it’s a boom box, not a brain.

I agree but I can’t see it having any significant MIDI implementation. I think it’s a boom box, not a brain.[/quote]
that would be a mistake as that is the primary complaint for the tempest. i think it will have full midi implementation.

I love the MD and it will always have a place in my studio but the fact that i’ll be able to finger drum in a rhythm and they will stay where they fall is a huge thing for me.

Hey Jon ,

i need the price! i must start to save money in my pig :joy:

I agree but I can’t see it having any significant MIDI implementation. I think it’s a boom box, not a brain.[/quote]
I agree with insoul8, not having full midi implementation has really hurt the Tempest.
And I hope you guys are right about the pricing.

Ehh Machinedrum still has 8 voices more than this and some of us is still waiting for the Machinedrum update :wink:

Looks like the AR is going to be a killer machine for live performance. Still very happy with my MD UW for my studio-based setup. Samples through analog filters is quite a draw though…

Interested to see how the analog voices differ from the A4. I fear it may end up bring a bit more expensive than we’re used to from Elektron. £1500+

Good news. Pre order date ASAP please Jon.

I agree with insoul8, not having full midi implementation has really hurt the Tempest.
And I hope you guys are right about the pricing.[/quote]
I’d be pretty happy if you’re right.
But Elektron has a habit of leaving something out to pass you off make you think creatively so I would not be surprised.

I prefer CV to Midi personally but I was just thinking about Tempest weak spots.

8 analog voices + some sampling material = Drums Heaven !!!
Elektrons I Love You !!!
Oh Tempest I’m so sorry…

Preliminary pricing, availability, and more info will be announced at NAMM.

Yep, juding by the prelim specs I’m guessing £1,300 - £1,500 for this bad boy and with that, I’m probably out. A shame if the case as it looks like a sweet machine! Was hoping for a fancy new synth though.

It’s going to be a very exciting NAMM.

Mate, I’m thinking 1350 USD pre order price.

I assume its more in the MD UW+ price range, ~1550 dollar…
I hope for an intro price :slight_smile: .

Speculating on price may end up making the machine more expensive… stop being so eager, your all risking hurting my empty wallet.

Also, it will be interesting to see, if this has no MIDI implementation beyond sync etc, what peoples response will be, as that is something that people often mention as a negative point of the Tempest.

I wonder if it has per voice outputs, especially if theres no MIDI/CC implementation…