Where have the boys from Boards of Canada gone?

Down to the artwork and track titles.
Reason why I won’t post his sh**

3 Likes

I find it peculiar that in this documentary Adam is doing exactly what he’s warning about. Not sure if its a joke, a test or something more sinister though.

1 Like

He is part of the media system. So is part of the manipulation but at the same time is also exposing parts of it. I recommend if you are in the UK watching his new documentaries ‘Can get you out of my head’ on iPlayer.

2 Likes

When one is making a documentary exposing manipulation tactics used by the media, it’s kinda silly to end up doing just that in the process. IMO the message would have been more powerful had he even attempted to show another way of doing it.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will check that out!

Very impressed.

1 Like

For those who like hantism, nostalgia, may I suggest this artist : https://telepaths.bandcamp.com/

haven’t seen mention of it for some time (years and years…) but there was a New Zealand connection somewhere, one of the brothers moved to NZ at some point? Or they were in NZ working on tunes. To be fair, they don’t strut about in purple jumpsuits and attend “events”, so they could be anywhere and no-one would have a clue. Every picture I’ve ever seen of them looks like a couple of guys that could be anyone, anywhere and I’m sure that suits them!

3 Likes

Thats why i started the thread. Its like they could be anyone anywhere. In a way they’ve become a parody of their own music,

If they’re a parody of their own music, then where exactly would that leave us? So maybe the real question is where are we?

1 Like

We are but just guardians of the boys music.

Like the great philosopher, Buckaroo Banzai, said: “no matter where you go, there you are.”

5 Likes
5 Likes

FUUUUU…I dunno how this got by me, but this is a sick remix.
this version is freakin groovy in comparison to the orig release.

and an instrumental…THANK YOU [not a fan of Doseone’s vocals]

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

as I had mentioned a while ago…id post my BoC collection.
I anyone knows of a MASK100 and/or MASK200, those would complete the set.
skipping on the Nevermen mixes and Sexual Objects, but WILL add the Nevermen Treat Em Right ix [SO GOOD]

18 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like

What are those different CD versions of those “main albums”? I mean 2x Music Has the Right to Children and 3x Geogaddi and The Campfire Headphase… Why? :slight_smile:

The doubles are the Japanese versions. Japanese releases tend to get an extra track. Geo has three cuz one is a digipak

And Headphase, even tho I don’t like that release, has three cuz when I got my Headphase vinyl, the liner was shredded. I wrote WARP and asked if they could send another liner, and they sent the full LP as WELL as the CD. WARP is awesome.

Japanese releases:

• Music: has a second disc with
    • Aquarius [version 3]
    • Happy Cycling
    • Olson [version 3]
  • Geogaddi:
    • From One Source All Things Depend
  • Headphase:
    • Macquarie Ridge
9 Likes

Thanks for detailed info. Nice move from WARP.
I don’t have anything in physical form. Can’t find any of the LPs in stock near me. But as I would like to listen to at least some BoC from vinyl, I’ll may get one or more of EPs. There are “In a Beautiful Place…”, “Trans Canada Highway” and “Peel Sessions” nearby in stock.

I don’t like Headphase as well… But still hope it will click in phase with my head some day.
I initially didn’t like Tomorrow’s Harvest as well. But then maybe four years ago I heard the track Jacquard Causeway on radio, then listened to the whole LP and it suddenly opened for me. Now I sometimes feel like it is (caution: heresy) their best…

1 Like

Campfire Headphase is decent imo. I can instantly switch my brain into doing that guitar intro on Chromokey Dreamcoat at any given moment despite not actually playing it in a while. Anyway, my point is to give it a chance with repeated listens. It’s still very much them regardless of the change in some instrumentation. The vibes are still fantastic.

2 Likes

Headphase just feels like an obligation had to be met. And was made to make them more accessible. I dunno, just doesn’t seem to have the same amount of heart.

EP…In a Beautiful Place is a good one to get!

1 Like