Where have the boys from Boards of Canada gone?

Actually upon further inspection - this is definitely probably a hoax of original tracks with a couple boc tracks spliced in. Dan Fingerman, who posted this video, is actually a prolific electronic artist himself. I went down the rabbit hole of his rather large Bandcamp discography and other pseudonym:

Good stuff. If I’m honest, I don’t even listen to BOC, somehow they just bore me and I’ve tried multiple times to get into their music, it’s the same with Autechre. And yet I can listen to AFX literally every day 🤷

4 Likes

influence for Uritual perhaps

okay…adding…definitely. but why wouldn’t you be, this stuff is amazing

you gotta listen to the whole thing, there is so much in there,

5 Likes

Sample sources for Dawn Chorus and You Could Feel the Sky…

fucking cool!

6 Likes

Doxa Sinistra FTW!

1 Like

Love Malaysian Pale. Apparently Bowie listened to it on repeat while making the Berlin albums

How could he listen on repeat when there were no cd players? Everything was manual back then🥸

They changed their name to Island Boys

1 Like

8 track tape? Wasn’t it possible to auto rewind those?

A friend of mine used to copy one song for a complete 60 min tape deck…on repeat :sweat_smile:

On repeat back then meant you got off your lazy ass and flipped the record, or put the needle at the start…and did it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over…again.

they were healthier back then

3 Likes

You think that before CDs came along no-one ever listened to a record twice?

Just being pedantic. On repeat is used for later gadgets.

Thank you for being pedantic, it’s always a joy

There are sections of this documentary that are so beautiful. Without narration, needle drop moments and heart wrenching footage.

Cheers. Never heard this before and the Mellotron at the start is inspirational.

1 Like

Their bunker.

supposedly a hell interface vid, taking a shot at some YouTube guy :slight_smile:

I love this versions of JaC

3 Likes

check this out man…all the samples from The Other Stranger.

2 Likes

3 Likes
9 Likes