Who is the Bob Dylan of the Electronic Music world?

Wow…touche’.

That response was :100:

1 Like

You are serious ? You are full of prejudices are you ? Im sorry but … im not even going to bother

Did you see when I said he’s the Iggy Azalea of his generation?

Pretty cool

1 Like

Dylan was quite a rupture in his own time, amazing melodist, personal lyrics, etc. He also came up at the right time to have the career he had.
At that time, one have to remember it was Frank Sinatra mellow soup, big bands of jazz or eventually militant songs.

To get that same rupture nowadays in electronic music you’d need a shift of paradigm and since litteraly eceryone is making « music » these days, i guess it happens while being unnoticed everyday.
Maybe someone who would do electronic music knowing more than the major scale would be a shift :wink:
Autechre pops to my mind in terms of influence, not that popular than Dylan but the industry is obviously very different.

Nicolas Jaar?

Bob Vylan?

1 Like

The Bob Dylan of electronic music is Jilted John.
The Bob Dylan of Bob Dylan is Robert Allen Zimmerman, uncle of DeadMauFive, his fathers brother, so Bob literally is his uncle, DeadMauFive cites Jilted John as a main influence.

🐭

Don’t waste your time googling it, this kind of info is suppressed, for good reason.

2 Likes

Dylan Dylan

I like that is spreading.

HA! I was going to come in here and say Deadmau5 just to have a laugh but you’ve done so much better than I ever could have :0)

2 Likes

Kevin Saunderson, of the Belleville Three, i always think of as the more complete songwriter.

Frankie Knuckles or Marshall Jefferson out of Chicago. hard to separate that scene from the Detroit scene (and NYC to a lesser extent) but pretty much everything electronic flowed from those origins to my ears

1 Like

Bob Dylan is a Mixing and Mastering God. Just listen to The Basement Tapes.

3 Likes

It’s the new emkaytoo.

1 Like

Truly we can agree on hating CCR??!?!

If the metric for being Dylan is leaving radical politics behind and going electric, then I guess the electronic equivalent is Jeff Mills playing with a symphonic orchestra?

1 Like

Jeff Mills playing with an orchestra is radical in the same way Pete Tong playing with one isn’t.

Not at all what I’m saying but OK!

You know what’s strange to me? Ever since the 90s, we haven’t had any major mainstream rock genres take over the country (or world). 50s had rock and roll, of course. 60s had, well, a lot of stuff: hippy music, Beatles music, anti-war music, etc. 70s had hard rock, glam rock, and punk. 80s had hair bands and heavy metal. 90s had grunge and new punk.

2000s had ??? 2010s had??? 2020s have? It seems like 99% of mainstream is now some variation of hip-hop or country.

1 Like