Who should Elektron hire to demo products?

I really like Captain Pikant style.
Simple, good graphics, straightforward and very educational.

2 Likes

@HoldMyBeer Should do the demos.

5 Likes

Iā€™m flattered, but I really shouldnā€™t. Oh ok, I guess I will.

17 Likes

Enough with the synthfluencers. Iā€™d prefer whoeverā€™s the visionary behind each kit, warts and all, to just show up before the camera. My favourite Chase Bliss videos are the ones where Joelā€™s just telling us about whatever pedal heā€™s just released. The Thermae one is my favourite.

12 Likes

This guy!

3 Likes

A ghost?

This guy is a walking octatrack! Look what he can do just with breathing cuts! Magic!

my vote is cast

2 Likes

Voltage Ctrlr hands down

5 Likes

Paolo from SynthMania (one of the OG synth sites)

Mostly because I love his hilariously sarcastic response to gear questions which was approximately ā€œforget buying gear, LEARN TO PLAY AN INSTRUMENTā€

"Hello, Iā€™m Paolo form Synthmania. Today Iā€™m going to tell you why you should buy an Octatrack.

Actually, you shouldnā€™t. We made ItaloDisco on ancient Roland samplers back in the '80s and you should too. Also, take some music lessons. Ciao!"

Elektron: ā€œFIRED!ā€

Second choice: Florian from Bad Gear. Dude has a strong meme game and can create GAS for the worst gear out of thin air.

9 Likes

Coz he knows ā€œthis is Rock and Roll!ā€

8 Likes

iā€™m with this approach also.
one company that comes to mind is Akai.
they have a tendency to make ā€œhow toā€ video series when a new product is released.
also organized in a playlist which i can appreciate.

elektron on the other hand sort of does that but loosely.
in a way it was a how-to but also performance oriented.

so yeah, would be cool if elektron did a more thorough; video manual focused videos to go along with their marketing ones.

for me they are easier to understand/learn (visual + manual, obviously) than just a forum thread, marketing or rtfm.
happy & knowledgeable customer = returning customer.

3 Likes

Electron must sell electronic devices. And these are also often bought by groups of people who care about diversity and sustainability, for example. So, Elektron will likely choose a female influencer and/or someone with a diverse cultural background to appeal to current and future customers.

But, they may also have a sense of humour and hire someone like John Wayne, Sylvester Stallone, Celine Dion, or: ā€¦

1 Like

Fine fine. Iā€™ll do it

4 Likes

I really think they should check with the shamwow guy

1 Like

they need someone whoā€™s not shy likeā€¦

1 Like

Definitely Eaves

4 Likes

Dolph Lundgren would be the more appropriate choice

2 Likes
  1. Any/all of the Elektron staff, seriously; they could do this anonymously and LoFi-AF for all i care and just show the insights as the best prepared people to do so, anything else is a compromise

2. The Undulations youtube channel dude - he wouldnā€™t post junk until he knew it inside out and even then heā€™d probably post some insight nobody else considered - zero hype guaranteed

3. for a straight up no frills creative tour around the interesting sound design potential in a variety of styles @colectivo_triangular - if he canā€™t coax something sonically interesting out of a piece of gear it might be one to avoid

4. WGAF. I donā€™t. The only thing iā€™d hope for is for the boundaries of the sound design potential to be explored to give a good picture of possibilities

5. RDGAF ā€¦ not sure why thereā€™s so much interest around this aspect of the gear, itā€™s way removed from the creative process ā€¦ personalities and hype are implicitly bs - i canā€™t imagine any artists i admire having or caring about these ā€˜concernsā€™

6. Each to their own, but thereā€™s gotta be more fun in using your gear than caring about who promotes it ā€¦

7. @cupfungus ā€¦ because Glaswegian and you vicariously get to live within a truly messy studio space the owner isnā€™t bothered by for a while

8. Nobody, because [ 1. ]

9. Let Elektron decide ā€¦ move along !

10. Wes Anderson or Laurie Anderson

2 Likes

Even though some synth manufacturers now outsource most of their promotional / instructive / introduction content to synthfluencers, I think Elektron should remain doing it in-house for certain purposes, especially the ā€œIā€™m here to announce our new ___________ā€