Why a separate forum!

@moderator
This is a bit daft, no ?!
I’m imagining that 99.9% of the questions asked will be relevant to both, i’ll not be inclined to read the keys forum for the sake of it, so i imagine that’ll be the case for other users - so you’ll end up with a ground zero of knowledge in here and a chance that solutions and tips will be missed on both fronts

Seems odd that there’s no forum for the monomachine key owners now !

it’s no biggie, but it seems like an odd delineation that won’t help the community, it’s a minor hurdle, but a hurdle nonetheless

I can see why you’d do it though !

1 Like

Why not? There might be some questions that only be relevant to the Analog Keys.

I have one e.g. Whats the sound difference between AF and AK? The marketing bla only said something about fine tuned circuits to deliver deeper bass? What the hell does this mean?

the question you just asked is well relevant for both machines though :wink:

Damn, you’re right… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The SFX-6 doesn’t have it’s own forum. Granted there are only 500 of them >.>

And the SIDstation is lumped in with “other”

but clearly the AK is their new baby; they’re even calling it their flagship analog synth, now.

it’s not like merging the octatrack and a4 forums ! - i strongly suspect that most posts will not be about the subtle differences, however an AK owner may post a general question that will get noticed less by being on this ‘other’ forum - it’s just a way to pool resources, the resources being the contributing community, it’s not like Elektron are manning the pumps to answer these questions - there’s probably reasons to go this way, but i can’t imagine it outweighs the benefits of sharing the knowledge more efficiently

searching it properly just got twice as long !

It could be a little bit more of a marketing related thing, rather than a forum organization thing, as in “look at all the things we build!”

But yeah, I agree that these two are common enough to have a single sub-forum.

what %'age of Elektron users play keys? Elektron said it themselves, it’s for the stage. Roland is dead, Yamaha blah… all you see is those other (red) Swede keyboards on stage… this is only the beginning (remember?)

Yeah, we will see how things develop. If this forum does not get used that much we will just merge it with the Analog Four forum.

1 Like

^ let’s stop talking then :wink:

#hush

Yup ^ and I guess the thing is this: they said each machine would get its sub-forum, and it is a new machine, so…doesn’t bother me at all since I mostly look at the Forum Activity feed anyway.

1 Like

haha did you watch the video?

keyboard players are too refined for us groove box users. :wink:

+1
If the AF and AK share the same OS and the hardware differences are limited, it would be better to have a common forum for them.

+1
If the AF and AK share the same OS and the hardware differences are limited, it would be better to have a common forum for them.[/quote]
The other machines might get jealous :disappointed:

+1 for merge!

My AF prefers to be among friends instead of being separated !

:wink:

questions regarding the kb a4 would be about the omission of a sustain pedal input for a performance keyboard. size of screen for a flagship seems a bit odd as it comes across as a step backwards or cost cutting measure. im not meaning to be painful as the price is really reasonable so thats great… but flagship is a BIG label. cant wait to play it btw…;))

I think it’s great that Elektron has brought a machine catered to those that are keyboard players and indeed wish to use their machines very very differently, which is a win win for them and opens to a vastly wider musician/customer base.

Having it’s own section amongst their machines is great as well. If that’s difficult there’s a “work around”, amongst the many.

My question germane to AK are: 1) can you have active notes/sequencer running at same time hit the to left of keys MIDI Key to play an external midi chain without interrupting the AK sequencer/synth activity? (to efficiently layer sounds with other synths) WITHOUT any interruption and pops of either source?
1a)Is that Midi Switch more or less a “Local Off/On” or more?

2)Will there be a new AK User Manual as well as new A4 User Manual with new OS release?
3)Will AK MIDI control function on all 16 channels and are channels 1-4 or 6 reserved for AK Synth engine?
4)Since it seems we cannot “poly chain” an A4 to the AK for 8 voice, can the midi controller function of AK easily add any of the other machines, namely if you already own an A4?

You could use something like the mutable instrument Midipal to polychain several AK/AF. Works like a charm.

Heres an example how it sounds:

You can also run several analogs with FutureRetro’s MondoVox. Chaining analog 4’s and keyboards is quite possible.

http://www.future-retro.com/mondovoxoverview.html

Yep I agree with the OP, this forum is unnecessary and kind of silly. Should be part of the A4 forum.