Will there be Octatrack MK3 anytime soon?

With joystick

16 Likes

The new Octatrack should have 64 tracks, polyphonic synthesis (subtractive, fm, am, pd, wavetables, granular, and additive modes), overbridge, 8 effects sends per track, insert effects, a full arrangement mode, 64 midi tracks, 8 crossfaders, a full mixer with hardware controls, individual balanced inputs and outputs for every channel, sd card support, sata drive support, sas drive support, ethernet, Bluetooth, infra-red, customisable face plates, a built in battery handle, and should be priced under £400. Come on, Elektron, its not that hard.

13 Likes

mate we both signed the same NDA?? can’t believe you’ve leaked this

6 Likes

I leaked it ages ago

what’s next all the mod wheels and pitch wheels on synths gonna be on the right?.. I don’t know what the deal is with Akai and elektron… put the crossfader and the Q-Links on the other side please!..please!!..Please!!!

1 Like

Still this years later haha. Get yourself an MPC X already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know what the deal is with it either, they’re perfect to me.

have some experience with joysticks in euro and Buchla formats, they are pretty cool and useful

NEVAR

Is there a shootout anywhere between it and an Akai Force?

Oh I’d never touch one myself but it has Q-links on the left as @captain8 requested :slight_smile:

1 Like

too many though, you mean they couldn’t have replaced a row or two of knobs with faders?..
what was the point of creating the perfect set up of 2 knobs and two faders on the left if they were just gonna up and change it booooo :grin:
I’m betting on the next series … hopefully

anyway as far as the OT3 goes… for a millennia live performance instruments have had the triggering on the right and the modulations on the left… if it ain’t broke…

I’ve always loved Rolands implementation of Joysticks too

First a bunch of influencers get octatracks and start doing demos on youtube and now there is a sale on Octatracks at a bunch of retailers. Interesting… They sure want to get rid of the mk IIs.

I’m actually starting to think I should start saving up my money lol.

7 Likes

I think it makes sense that the OT will probably be discontinued at some point in the near future, but I don’t think it will be to make way for an OT mk3.

Though I do think if they discontinue the OT, the next product will be a flagship sampler of some kind.

I fear there will be no more flagships, just little digi schooners…

1 Like

whatever comes next needs to have serious modulation capability.

the OT (and MD and MNM) do well to have a lot of LFOs and features that have been missing from newer devices. I want to see real modulation power

6 Likes

There are 2 Digit and one Flagship in the top 10 selling products in the category “synthesizers” at Thomann. Syntakt (that was “just” released), Digitakt and Analog Rytm mk2. Why should they stop selling them? Musicstore (another big but more Germany focused store has a Top50) has the OTmk2 in their Top 50 selling products in that category.
On Andertons OTmk2 is in the Top 50 relevant Products in that category. Rytm too.
Why should they stop selling them? I think they will sell the big boxes as long as they can stock up parts for them and they didn’t release something that replaces them.

3 Likes

I hope they make us a final call, i still regret that i didnt get the Mono Maschine back then. I will for sure like to order a backup OT for the future.

2 Likes

Agreed. My regret is even greater when I sold a MnM Mk2 for something like £600 around about that time and wrote off the whole “final order” thing as a load of nonsense. Big mistake :joy:

4 Likes

I really like this concept, but in reality it would be massively more expensive than an octatrack to build this. Some of the most expensive components are front panel components like knobs, faders, buttons, etc. And this concept has 6x the knobs as octatrack, 8x faders, and a similar number of buttons.